View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 07:57 AM   #153 (permalink)
host
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_dux
.....So vote Dem next month. Its less painful and dangerous than armed insurrection
...and if that doesn't work? What if polling....either just before the election, or exit polling results....in multiple districts, especially in places like Ohio, Florida, and in Washington, clearly do not match the reported vote results?

Ironically, dc_dux, how does either branch of congress, do anything to check what amounts to a slow rolling coup.....a death to the constitution by a thousand cuts. The most we can hope for, even if political control of the house were to change, is that an impeachment resolution is drafted, and the executive branch ignores it, or defies it, citing national security issues to justify it's resistance.

This would "speed up" greater recognition of where I, and the ABA think that we already are.....we have arrived, a while ago, at a situation where the POTUS has declared himself to be the law.....to supercede the law, because we are at his phony, perpetual "state of war".

The vote, two weeks ago, on the "detainee" bill, indicates that, even if one or both branches of congress changed hands, there is no political will to check the takeover of the government....the subversion of the constitution, by the executive branch.

There are always early players. In a situation like the one we are in, if they emerge to openly resist at all, even if their protests seem aggressive, but non-violent to most of us, they will be made harsh examples of, to discourage their inspiring any momentum towards insurrection.

My point is, I see no potential for intimidation, "by the people", to discourage the "taking" of their power and rights, by the executive. I certainly don't see any coming from congress. Cindy Sheehan has been the closest we've witnessed to anything like that, even having the potential of happening.

A rational response would be the organizing of general strikes..... or even declaration of a non-participation day, as Mexican immigrants impressively organized, last spring. They staged a protest that was not even rooted in the legitimacy of affronts by our government, to the law, and they did it with more indignation, than the ways we have reacted to deliberate affronts to the law.

I am increasingly pessimistic that anything can stop the completion of this coup. We read about it's progression, make a li'l noise, and stay on our couches......some of us who even make any noise at all, or briiefly stare away from the "game" on the TV.

No one wants to be first, but if the founding fathers, left it to the "other guy", to stick his neck out, we would have no constitution to lose, or <b>to risk losing everything, to preserve.</b>

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73