View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
raeanna74
I'm not a blonde! I'm knot! I'm knot! I'm knot!

Who do you trust? Do you trust anyone?

I've been thinking lately about who I would share with if I needed to talk about something. Where could I go? Hubby is a reliable listening ear but there are times where he doesn't understand or desire to talk about all the little female emotions or details. Sadly, I have no woman that I could completely share with. We have our swinger women who I've become close with but I am not completely certain that I could trust any one of them with a juicy tidbit. There are other friends (vanilla ones) not one woman could I trust. then last but not least there are the male friends. Everyone I know as a friend that I have trusted at all has shared some of my personal information with someone else for the purpose of gossip of slander. The only people I can really trust are hubby and my brother. The trust I have in my brother goes way back. Even as kids we did not tattle on each other even when telling would have probably gotten us off the hook with Mom or Dad. We just didn't betray each other. We were a team and had loyalty to each other. Hubby loves me and does not share my secrets for the purpose of slander, negativity, or juicy gossip.

What bothers me is that I know I can't trust anyone else and I tend to go into a friendship assuming such. I would like to say I'm a trusting person. I do share a lot, but I rarely share anything incriminating with anyone but my hubby and brother. I have more recently been more open, mostly in hopes that I CAN trust someone. Because I NEED to be free to talk to people. Sadly those that I have shared with have all talked behind my back for the purpose or gossip, judgment or slander. What irks me most is that NONE of them have had the GUTS to tell me their feelings to my face. Not even when they're drunk, which is when I hear the things are said.

Well, I believe I must be a closed book. Sadly I will have no girlfriend that I can really share my heart and soul with. IN a way I know I'm lucky to at least have my hubby and brother. Unfortunately I know I can't even trust my mother.

Who do you trust? Have you developed a trust in someone that you can tell ANYTHING to without fear of being judged? Do you think that humans NEED to trust one another?? Shouldn't we be able to work cooperatively and trust one another to succeed better? Or are we as a society doomed to distrust and trudge on alone?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73