View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
lurkette
My future is coming on

Moderator Emeritus
Need help scattering my bro's ashes all over the world

Hey folks -

Many of you know that my brother Josh died about 3 & 1/2 years ago - he was 25, he was a skater, and he was hit by a car. If you want to read more about the whole thing and what it's meant to me, you can visit my memorial site for him at http://marcyray.net/josh.htm

My family has been slow to do anything with his ashes - it's so final, and he was such a nomad that it's hard to know where to scatter them! So a while ago, I hit upon the idea of scattering a little bit of his ashes in all the places he wanted to go but didn't get a chance to. Right before he was hit, we were talking about going to Australia together, so when a friend of mine went to Melbourne, she took a little baggie of his ashes with her and scattered them at a skate park.

So far that's the only thing I've done (aside from scattering some at Venice Beach at his memorial, putting some of his ashes in a little pendant, and giving some of them to my dad in an urn).

So I would love it if people around the world (and within the US) with a willing spirit from TFP would help me out. I'd love to send his ashes to places I know he wanted to visit:

- more places in Australia
- Japan
- Sweden
- Vancouver
- Czech republic (specifically, the ossuary in Kutna Hora)

as well as to places I know he loved:
- San Diego
- San Francisco

along with any other places you think are cool. Skate parks are great, but he was also a dedicated trespasser and pisser off of police by skating in public areas.

So if you're willing to do the somewhat morbid duty of receiving his ashes, scattering them in an appropriate place, and documenting it (photos or video, to be posted on his memorial site) please let me know and we'll figure out how to mail you the ashes. It would mean so much to me to have more people know who he was and participate in spreading his spirit around the world.

P.S. Yesterday was his birthday - he would have been 29. Know what's cool? My best friend from high school, whose brother was Josh's good friend, just had her first baby yesterday! Now we have a new life to celebrate on his day.

- Anatole France

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73