View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 12:05 PM   #149 (permalink)
Willravel
... a sort of licensed troubleshooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazy
Outside of allowing the terrorist organizations to continue to attack them, what is the "proper" response? Again, they send hundreds of rockets in to the nation, they have waited over a year, and the terrorists organizations not only have become part of the government, they have re-armed. They attack military bases in Isreal, not anywhere on their land, and kidnap soldiers on top of that.

So what is the response? Did the UN do anything during all this time? Has any nation done anything, besides wag their finger and go bad boy bad boy? Nope, it is all right to condemn Israel now, but you do not hear half of the condemnation from these same nations after every terrorist attack. We do not hear here about 1/2 the attacks that get stopped, of the daily rocket attacks. You know why, it is not news, it is acceptable.

Well sorry, it is not acceptable any longer.
What is the response? I'm not 100% sure. I'm not a military tactician, after all. I'm some guy in the US trying to figure out what the hell is going on in the world. What I do know is that civilians are dea, and I'm not happy about it. That's where I started in all this. From there I figured in the international opinion about what's going on, namely that people think Israel's response was far too large and barbaric. Why would the world say that? Wel, it has a lot to do with the fact that the Lenabese who died had no ties to the terrrorist organization that was supposed to be the target. It's like being bittin by a spider in your back yard, and then burning your backyard to the ground to prevent it from happening again (yes, another analogy).

Again, people seem to have this absurd notion that because I condemn Israel's attacks, that I somehow accept the attacks of the Hezbollah or any other radical Arabs. Well, that's a silly notion. Anyone else who thinks that I am somehow pro-Hezbollah and such should understand that I am without question, completly and totally against terrorism in all it's forms, ESPECIALLY when it is based on racism. Hezbollah should be disbanded, and it's members brought to justice by the courts of their victims. Those in Syria and Iran should also be brought to justice. You'd think that would go wiothout saying, but I'm saying it anyway.

So let's review:
-Iran, Syria, Hezbollah, and other radical terrorists = bad, and should be brought to justice by courts
-Israel = wrong, should stop bombing the living crap out of civilians that mean Israel no harm

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73