View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #148 (permalink)
Infinite_Loser
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJess
The reason that the US and most of Western Europe are always backing Israel whether they are right or wrong is... because this is all our faults. WE made Israel, now we're responsible for it. The Jews haven't had a state in Jerusalem in 1000 years. Until 90 years ago, when we just put them there. No wonder the Palestinians are so pissed - they've had a way of life for 1000 years and they're supposed to just sit back while some other country says "here, give them your land and play nice"???
No one asked them to change their way of life. They only need to co-exist peacefully with the Jews, something they seem totally unwilling and incapable of doing.

Quote:
The analogies around here are just killing me. BUT... here's one more. Ever hear about the school bully? You know, the one that beats every one else up because he's really insecure? That's Israel. They're so finely wired at this point that it takes something little to set them off now. Not that I agree, but I can see where it began...
Israel doesn't go arbitrarily attacking other countries because it can nor does it attack another country simply because it hates one group of people. Anyway, you say that something to little can tick them off?

Why don't we continue to shell the city in which you live or start killing the people who live their arbitrarily. I guarantee you that you wouldn't stand for it very long. The fact that Hezbollah kidnapped two Israeli soldiers as well as killed eight civilians is basically "The straw that broke the camel's back".

Quote:
All this bullshit about how it's Lebanon's fault that they have Hezbollah in their country and government... wow. Really? Look, Lebanon - in case you missed the other posts - is recently out of a crazy fucking civil war. They are just getting their shit together, and the only way to stay together is to not piss off the other factions of your country. And Hezbollah... they're not exactly pushovers. How'd they get into power? Oh, I don't know... how did we end up with a idiotic danger to the world as President in the US? I know *I* didn't vote for him... but I can't control who did. There are more parallels between Bush and Hezbollah than I'm completely comfortable with. He's attacking other countries without provocation. He's only sort of been voted in. A huge portion of the country wants him gone. He's getting US citizens killed. Well... hm. Interesting.
It's not the same thing. Bush hasn't shown outright hatred towards another country and hasn't pledged the total destruction of any particular nation. Hezbollah, Hamas and all of those radical groups have. See the difference?

It doesn't matter whether or not Lebanon is coming out of civil war. If they can't control factions inside of their own territory attacking another country, then they have to understand that the country which is constantly being attacked-- In this case, Israel-- Will do something about it. It's as simple as that.

Last edited by Infinite_Loser; 07-17-2006 at 11:31 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73