View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 08:51 AM   #142 (permalink)
Willravel
... a sort of licensed troubleshooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazy
Well then, let us just say simple, you are any any violence. I agree. But the world does not live that life, so we have to live in reality and respond to that.
Well, I am very against needless violence. If soldiers have to die, then soldiers have to die. They choose their vocation and hopefully understand the risks involved. The same thing is true with violent extreemists. They know that they could die, but they do waht they do anyway. It's sad that anyone has to die, but these people do it as a livelyhood. Civilians going to airports, walking by radio stations, or even simply living in their apartment are not soldiers or violent extreemists. They did not make the decision to kill people or to put their lives in danger. They don't deserve to die, and shouldn't simply be dismissed as "collateral damage" or "casualties of war". Their deaths should be avoided. They shouldn't be targeted. BTW, Israel might be declairing war on Lebanon, but I doubt it's a real war between two soverign nations. Israel want's Lebanon to comply with 1559 and all. I agree that Lebanon *should* be doing everything in their power to remove terrorist groups, and they clearly aren't. The UN should take action (since it was their resolution). Israel's attacks were not the proper response. All morality aside, do they really want to continue to alienate Lebanese citizens and piss off the rest of the world?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazy
As far as the prisoner trade goes... And you forget the 8 soldiers killed, and the fact that they demand hundreds of people in return for 2. Sorry but the straw that broke the camels back, sadly the camel was standing over some kids when it fell. And same here, sadly in war the innocents are hurt, and it saddens me, but it is a fact of life. But Hezbollah has the blame, they kept going and going and going until they crossed the line.
Like I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willravel, the magnificent
I suspect that Hezbollah was simply expecting a prisoner exchange, a la the January 29, 2004 prisoner exchange overseen by Germany. Stupid move.
Hezbollah was unbelievably stupid to do what they've done, not just recently but overall. If they really wanted to destroy Israel as a state, they'd fake an attack on the US and frame Israeli intelligence. What they are doing now is emotionally induced attacks with very little real strategy. They suffer from ther same peoblems as most other terrorist groups: the leadership are simply the most extreeme of their viwpoint. They do not choose leadedrs based on military ability or strategy. That's why, a lot of the time, terrorists lose.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73