View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jason762
Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficent
are you a union employee and can you go to the shop steward? or whomever makes the break schedule and ask for it to be changed
Nope, California doesn't have unions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eribrav
I think you should go to work, keep your mouth shut, work hard, and take breaks when they tell you to. Maybe someday they'll recognize your effort, possibly even promote you, and then you can start negotiating when your breaks happen.
An aside: Do you intend to spend the rest of your life working in the food court, or do you have other ambitions?
I do go to work. Last time I worked here, I worked 5 months straight with one sick day, and I always went into work when asked to on my off days.

I worked like a goddamn dog and the only thing I got were more hours. I’m back in the same spot, same pay (less benefits) doing the exact same thing (in being so accommodating for the bosses)

I doubt I'll get a promotion. I'm hearing impaired with two hearing aids and supervisors/management tend to treat me as if I were slightly "mentally ill". My supervisor talks to me very loudly while moving her hands as if she knows sign language. In the deaf culture that is considered very rude.

I plan to work until Febuary and move to Thailand for a year so I can train in Muay Thai boxing and go join the UFC or the Japanese version, PRIDE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbastid
Funny, I've heard all this stuff about CostCo being a great place to work...

By the way: "play dictator" is one pissed off guy's interpretation of things. The ARE your bosses. They DO get to tell you what to do and when to do it. And presumably there's a good reason for what they have you do, whether you know it or not.

As a (former) employer, frankly, if you brought your request to me and discussed it with me, I'd see what I could do to make it work. If I found out you'd been bitching behind my back about how inflexible I am without even checking it out with me first--especially during your probation period--your ass would make skid marks as it bounced down the street. Last thing I need messing up my top-10-employers-in-the-USA company is some musclebound attitude case.
CostCo is a gret place to work... when you're talking about pay and benefits. Bosses are still bosses.

Yes they are my bosses. I do treat them with respect even when they disrespect me (see above).

I don't mess up anything. If anything, I fix other people's mistakes. I'm the guy that does anything when I'm asked. I'm not a "muscle-bound attitude case".

For your information, I thought it was my attitude/problem. So I started to ask other people about their opinions of the boss. It's unanimous... they all hate him. Even the people who don't work with him say, "He's a dick". Even then, I'm probably the one who cuts him the most slack. I see everyone else telling him off on a daily basis, but I have never done that.

EDIT: As an example of how accomidating I am, I stayed 30 minutes past work so the boss could go over my goals and my preformance levels, etc so that he could turn it in tomorrow. He was late in getting this paperwork to me and today is his deadline, so to keep him out of trouble I stayed 30 minutes without pay.

Last edited by Jason762; 07-15-2006 at 02:14 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73