View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 04:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crack
Misanthropic

Ever wonder what happens when you reply to the Nigerian scammers?

Well, I did. So, the next time I got an e-mail from one, I responded!

Here is where I am at now. Sorry for the length, but It is basically a cut and paste from a junk yahoo mail address that I use to sign up for stuff on websites. You can see from the E-mails, that it uses the Last name Sexton. This is indeed my last name, please don't stalk me!
(it's too bad that my real name isn't Brian Griffin, that would be sweet!)

Enjoy!

The First Letter I Recieved

Quote:
From the Desk: Barr. Thomas Cole.
Amicable & Associates(LEGAL PRACTITIONERS)
25 Wilson Road Ikoyi
Lagos- Nigeria.

E-MAIL:thomascole1960@terramail.com.sv

Private / Highly Confidential
Subject Matter: Invitation to act as Next-of-Kin.

Dear Sexton,

I write this august letter in confidence, believing that it will reach
you in high spirit and I believe you will maintain the level of
confidence and trust matters of this nature requires.Though, I know that this
proposal may make you apprehensive and worried, but I assure
you that all will be well at the end. Before proceeding,I wish to
introduce myself a barrister at law and the principal consultant of Amicable
& Associates(LEGAL PRACTITIONERS).

I am Barrister Thomas Cole, a personal attorney to one Engr. Richard
Burson Sexton, I need a reputable person to handle this confidential
transaction which involves the transfer of a huge sum of money to a
foreign account.

THE PROPOSITION: A foreigner, Late Engineer Richard Burson Sexton, an
Oil Merchant/contractor with the Federal Government of Nigeria, until
his untimely death some year ago, who perished in a plane crash of 31st
October 1999[WITH EGYPTIAN AIRLINE 990] with other passengers
aboard as you can confirm it yourself through the website below.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9910/31/egyptair.03/ ,

Since the demise of my client I personally have watched with keen
interest to see the next of kin but all has proved abortive as no one has
come to claim his funds of US$10.5M(Ten Million,Five Hundred Thousand
United States Dollars Only) and all the relevant documents in
the bank has no record of any next of kin. On this note, I decided to
seek for whom his name shall be used as his next of kin so i have
contacted you to assist in repatriating most especially, the money left
behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared
unserviceable by the bank where the huge deposits were
lodged.Particularly, the Equity Development Bank Plc, where the deceased had an account
valued at about Usd 10.5million dollars has issued me a notice to
provide the Next of kin,or have the account confiscated.

Valuable efforts has being made by me to get in touch with any of the
Sexton`s family or relatives but there has been no success. It is
because of the perceived possibility of not being able to locate any of Late
Engr. Sexton`s next-of-kin (he died with his wife and two
children),The bank wants the funds to be declared UNCLAIMABLE in
another 6 months from now,if nobody stands as the next of kin before then,
and subsequently donated to the Red Cross and the trust fund of the
directors of the bank which to us is fraudulent, In order to prevent
this,The management under the influence of a director Sir Frank Willy some of
my trusted colleagues and I now seek your permission to have you stand
as a next-of-kin to Late Engr.Richard Burson Sexton so that the funds
US$10.5M would be released and paid into your account as the
beneficiary? next-of-kin. All documents to enable you get this fund will be
carefully worked out by us.

This proposal is 100% risk-free.We have agreed that, the funds be
shared thus, after it must have been transferred into your account.

1. 30% of the money will go to you for acting as the beneficiary of the
funds.

2. 10% will be setaside for reimbursement to both parties for any
incidental expenses that may be incurred in the course of the transfer.

3. 60% to us the originators of the transaction. If this proposal is
acceptable to you, then take advantage of the trust we have bestowed on
you,kindly get to me immediately.Note that all cumentations and
information to enhance this transaction is in perfect order. Please furnish me
with your most confidential telephone, fax number so that I can use
these information to apply for the release and subsequent transfer of the
funds in your favour.

I seek your consent to present you as the Next of kin of the deceased
since you bear the same last name so that the proceeds of this account
valued at Usd 10.5 million dollars can be paid to you, as my clients
Next of Kin, and then we can share the amount on a mutual agreed
percentage.All legal documents to back up your claim as the deceased
Next of Kin will be provided.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal
through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate
arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law and you should
endeavor to keep it confidential.

As soon as I receive your acceptance in principle, I will furnish you
with the necessary modalities for commencement. Nevertheless, you can
contact me on my private email
address:thomascole1960@terramail.com.sv for further discussion.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated co-operation.

Yours faithfully,

Barr. Thomas Cole.
Ok, so I got one! yay!
This is what I sent back to him.

Quote:
Dear Barr. Cole.

I am sad to hear of the loss of Richard Burson Sexton. This will be a great loss to the sexton family, please tell me more about your proposal, as I have just come into a large sum of money, and I am willing to help out the sexton family that helped me out so in the past.
Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon
Brian Griffin Sexton
I figured the mention of the "large sum of money" would spark their attention

It only took 3 hours for them to respond!

Here is the First Response

Quote:
Dear Brian Griffin Sexton ,

I got your mail, Thanks for your sincerity. But i must tell you I am happy that I have finally found a trustworthy person who is willing and ready to assist me get the funds that was deposited by my late Engr.Richard Burson Sexton, I want you to understand the means of getting the funds into your account.This transaction is between both of us and they should be no third party for security reasons.All i want for you is to stand as the next of kin to my late client.

Here is the full details of how this transaction will be achieved. Firstly, I will like to clearly make you understand that legally, you have nothing to worry about as far as this inheritance claim is concerned. As a lawyer with seventeen years of experience I make bold to say with full authority that this business is 100% legal and safe. I hope you have read my first letter to your understanding? It is my desire to go into business relationship with you. But this is based on your professional assistance, willingness, trust sincerity and give out your undivided effort.

Late Engr. Richard Burson Sexton, is my client and I am his family attorney here in my country where he died with his wife and children. He has deposited the sum of $10.5million in a bank call Equity Development Bank here in my country before he died. I will provide all the legal documents, like the Deposit Certificate and his Death Certificate.

Further to this I wish to let you understand that I am a man of 53years, married, with four children. But there is one thing I want you to know. I don't want a situation whereby we have started this business you will one day change. Because some times humans change when it comes to dealings with money. I have contacted you because we two can always understand each other. Moreso I want you to know that this transaction must be kept absolutely confidential. I am banking on you not to disclose this business to any body. I want us to go into business relationship, this is why I contacted you. If you are willing to work with me, you must always follow my instructions in order not to make mistakes.

I was the deceased attorney, this legally means that I am mandated to carry out any business dealings on his behalf, as if he was present. I was his attorney for several years until his death.

I was his closest confidant as explained above, the deceased had no next of kin to inhenrit the mentioned amount and his entire estate. Being the deceased attorney I am the only person who can confirm to the bank the claim of any next of kin, and also advice the bank to effect payment to such a beneficiary.

And the reason that you were contacted is because you bear the same surname as the deceased, and that the deceased migrated from your country down to nigeria. I want you to put in a claim as the next of kin to the deceased.when I authorize the payment to you, and the money gets into your account, you will take 30%, while I take 60% and 10% for any expenses we may encounter. if you agree with this, then this is how we are going to progress with the business-:

(a). I will provide you with the recent bank statement of the deceased and his death certificate.

(b). You will be required to engage the services of a lawyer, who will professionally act on your behalf, as your attorney. such a lawyer to be hired, must be duly registered in nigeria and practices in nigeria. The attorney will process all the required legal back up documents from the high court of nigeria and forward same to the bank with the banks application form for inheritance claims on your behalf.

(c). When the bank receives your claims application, they will immediately draw my attention to it notifying me that someone has put in a claim as the next of kin to the deceased. I will be asked by the bank to verify the genuiness of the said claim and recommend to them, what action they should take as regards payment.

(d). The bank on the receipt of my confirmation, will now get in touch with you, through your the probate attorney who is standing on your behalf there in my country.

(e). When the bank receives your banking information, they will release the money into your nominated account.

The above is a very concise explanation of the entire process of this business transaction. This mentioned process will only take ten banking days to complete from the day that your attorney submits the papers to the bank. Now I will only do this business with you on the condition that you will promise to be absolutely honest with me, and that you will respect the confidentiality of this business transaction, and keep it as such.

Again we will have to familiarize ourselves, by providing a picture identity of ourselves, so that we can both know whom we are dealing with business wise. I will need to see your identity, and your postal and residential address. Attached is my personal picture.

Warmest Regards,

Barrister Thomas Cole.
Well, alrighty then, wanna see his picture? I know you do!
So here it is!

and there is whatever this is, maybe his "law license" or something...lol

Nice right? Well, about 3 hours later

I get this:

Quote:
Dear Brian Griffin Sexton,

I will come over to your country for disburement immediately you confirm from your bankers that the funds are in your account. What can of job do you do for a living? What kind of joint business venture you want both parties to invest in your country. I want you to always check your mail because we need to act fast for the bank to transfer the money into your account and Please i am begging you not to disclose this transaction to any body until you confirm the money in your account.I want you to furnish me your identification for me to know whom i am dealing with.

I have told you our different percentage ratio which is 60% to me and 30% to you and 10% for any incured expenses in the course of transfering the funds to your account .
I was my client legal adviser when he was alive, so he made the deposit of the funds to the bank (Equity Development Bank )

I have with me his Death Certificate from the Federal Minsitry of health and the Deposit Certificate which he used in making the deposit.

I want you to know that these certificates are the only prove of ownership to the funds. So I can not give them to you unless you prove to me that you are ready and willing to assist me both morally, financially and your undivided effort in making sure that you assist me to the last in this transaction.

As I don't want a situation whereby you will change and I cannot get the funds anymore. That is why in my second mail I told you we need the services of a Registered Probate Attorney who will act on your behalf in introducing you to the bank after you agree to this terms. As immediately the probate attorney gets to know you I cannot introduce anybody else to the bank.

So, if you are accepting my options then we shall go ahead with the transaction.

1. we shall pay the fees for the probate attorney to commence work. E.g. Like getting all the needed documents from the probate registrar and High Court stating your new next of kin status.

2. If you accept your 30% without any greed or change of mind immediately you confirm the money in your account.

3.Any amount we spend will be deducted from the 10% I mapped out for expenses immediately the funds are transfered and confirmed in your account.

Regards,

Barr. Thomas Cole.

Call me on + 234 80 23770379 for oral discussions. I need your picture for identification. As I have attach my late client picture with this mail
And as in the e-mail before, I get a picture of his "Late Client" You wanna see? All you have to do is say you wanna see it, and i'll show you! Come on! Fine, here it is!

Man oh man, he looks rich! I am gonna be rolling in the green soon!

So now, the ball is in my court, I am gonna put some stuff together, like a picture, and an address, and i'll post on here when I finally do.

Edit: I have sent them another e-mail:

Here is what I wrote:

Quote:
Sir,
as requested, I have attached my Photograph, sorry about the quality, it was a school photo from 2 years ago, but I have not changed much since then.
My address is: 31 Spooner Street, Quahog Rhode Island, 02859. Do you need a telephone number so we might converce oraly? I tried calling that telephone number you sent me, and no one answers, is it correct?
I have a question for you before we commit to this transaction any further, are you still looking for relatives for Mr. Richard Burson Sexton, or am I the only one you were able to find? I am not in this for the money, I just want to be of assistance to you and the Sexton family in their time of need.

Thank you,
Brian
Not too bad right? hehe, "31 Spooner Street, Quahog Rhode Island, 02859" come on, that's golden! well anyways, here is the picture I sent him, not sure who it is, but he looks gullible!

Mod note: pic removed due to age, see below

DIGG

~Halx

Last edited by Halx; 02-24-2007 at 11:28 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54