Thread: Drug rant.
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #56 (permalink)
Sp0rAdiC
Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeanna74
Once night he had 2 puffs. THAT'S all. Next morning he's got a friend of his asking him what he was doing the night before. He had called a friend of his who was a guy and who he wasn't amorously interested in to profess his undying love for the guy. AND he didn't even remember making the call. He hasn't had a puff since. He figures if he does things that he doesn't always remember when he's high on the stuff then he could really srew things up. He agrees that it's not as rough on a person as alcohol is but it alters your conciousness enough that he doesn't feel safe doing it anymore.
Alright, I read through all the responses and I'm surprised nobody commented on this. I've used marijuana for less than a year, but I've had periods where I used it heavily, and periods where I didn't use it at all. But I can tell you, no matter what you're puffing, if it's weed, it won't do this to you (Unless you take a few dozen puffs, then maybe.) I think drugs might be the scapegoat in this situation, because that's a ridiculous claim. I forgot small things, like what I need to buy at the grocery store, but I don't "high dial" people and profess my love. That's more of a very drunk thing to do. The only time I've ever not remembered doing something was when I got pretty drunk, smoked a few bowls, and then drank some more. What I remember was a lot of fun, I was with a lot of people and I was safe, and I'd do it again.

I've gone to work high, and I do more/better work than people there that are sober. The thing that matters in these cases is your work ethic, not if you're high or not. I work at McDonalds, just for some spare spending money in college this semester, and it's not the most demanding job mentally. If I know it's going to be a busy night and we're going to get some busses, then I won't smoke. But if I know it'll be a slow night, why not? Just being there is mind-numbing, so I lighten it up a bit. Like I said, I get my work done, and I pick up the slack for the lazy sober people there.

Last summer I worked for an engineering/contracting firm in my hometown. I had to be there at 7am every morning, and I smoked pretty much every night. The smoking never impaired my work, and I never smoked so late that I'd have a residual high when I woke up. The company used me, and I did more for them than I should've, but that's over and done with.

Personally, I'm not very good at doing homework and schoolwork when I'm high, but I know some people that are. That's just a personal thing.

On the original topic, drug testing in the workplace: I think anything other than a post-injury or serious complaint drug test is an invasion of privacy.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73