View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 03:52 AM   #76 (permalink)
nanotech
Banned

Back from work, this is starting to look like a second job heh. Oh well

by pigglet:

Quote:
You have no proof for this claim. A dog turning into a dolphin in one big jump is very unlikely. A dog slowly undergoing mutations, such as webbed feet, smaller hing legs, loss of hair, etc, is not entirely probable, in one big leap...but evolution is not about big leaps.

I think you are correct in saying that the dog "wanting" the fins is unlikely to produce them. I notice you don't seem to think that the giraffe sat around wishing for a longer neck, but that it happened through natural selection.

I think, and I could be wrong, but if dogs always had to swim across a river to get their food, or were constantly in wet areas when hunting, that dogs that had webbed feet, or could otherwise swim better, would be favored. See Labarador Retreivers. If those dogs did develop any anomoly that allowed them to better adapt to their environment better, that would also be favored. Over a very, very very long time.
pigglet, I understand what you're talking about. I watched a video about it. Mutation doesn't work as well as you imagine. Scientists tried to mate different breeds or species and always got mutated creatures which couldn't survive and died. You cannot get a good species with new traits that work by evolution alone. There is a scientist who said that information cannot result from no-information or something similar. There is a site that would explain to you the Darwinisim concept in terms of video and it addresses your subject. I classified all the videos to be easily found on
www.efox.tv

Shakran,

Quote:
I know that it is considered a sin now. But before it was widely distributed as a text, it was recited orally. Or are you suggesting that the Prophet somehow figured out a system for mass distribution of text long before the invention of the printing press that made mass distribution of text possible?
Yes, in the books it says that the verses came orally on the profit by the Angel Gabriel. Gabriel is mentioned in all religions btw. Each verse was individually written on a paper. Then the papers where compiled together in the order they came.

Quote:
That's not proof.
Actually it is because the Quran told the people about what is happening know in some verses and about the golden age (future). There is an interesting video for this subject I recommend you watch. It’s called "The Golden Age". Can be found in this page www.efox.tv

Quote:
Contaminated pork is not a miracle of science. It is also not proof.
Actually it is. The Quran only said don't eat pork meat because it’s harmful and it stressed this to the fact that it is in the foundations of Islam. Then it turns out now that the pork is the only meat that has worms that lives in humans even when the meat is boiled. Who could know this at that time except a supreme being which can see microscopic creatures.

Quote:
Sand as a cleaner
Yes, sorry to have not given more detail, but sand has microscopic objects which if you use the sand to wash your hands; it would clean you from germs and bacteria. In Islam God obliged people to wash with sand before praying if there is no water. This is a miracle of science.

Quote:
Then mention it. Don't say you've proved something based on something you haven't even said.
There is so much info and I wish I have time to say it all but I have deadlines and projects in work so I got the assisteance of videos which hold all the info I can give in harunyahya.com. Sorry again about not going in detail, yes there is a miracle in the mountains structure. The mountain has a purpose under the earth. It has a function to act as a nail in the ground. This nail keeps the continents from shifting by the result of Lava. It was mentioned in the Quran that the mountain has this purpose in a verse. There is a video about this by the author Harun Yahya. You can find it maybe in the one that is called "creation of the universe" in the page

www.efox.tv

Quote:
I think first you should say where the aliens came in to this debate. . . .
It is important since the proof of the existence of God depends on if there are aliens with high intelligence which have been proven to be false. In a verse in the Quran "We gave you the universe...” proves there cannot be a dominant species on man. Hence Aliens could not have existed which is proven because they cannot find any trace of aliens or possibility of life unless a supposition of billions of light years away. Does that mean that aliens created humans, which got into fast machines that run at 300,000 KM per second and went away to other galaxies without anyway that we see them? That is through telescopes etc.

Quote:
Sorry, but once again you are using a book of faith to attempt to prove a scientific assertion. That displays a lack of logic, and a lack of scientific understanding.
This is not a lack of logic but a challenge based on the fact that neither aliens did come and talk to us, nor were we able to find them in many years and billions of dollars spent. I base this challenge from the verse of the Quran and so far it is valid.

----------

Quote:
At the risk of sounding somewhat inflamatory, you will not win an argument with a fundamentalist.
Excuse me? Who are you to say that I'm a fundamentalist? My statements happen to be more scientific and objective than yours. Furthermore I respect all religions and have friends from many religions, so how dare you call me a fundamentalist. If this is an insult, I will assume that insults are permitted here and will start doing the same.

Quote:
Everything nanotech posted above was either an outright falsehood or a gross misunderstanding of science. Let him revel in his ignorance.
You are very funny. I would like to compare your eye to a camera. You zoom out so far from the text and then see the whole paragraph but cannot read the words. Then you put an opinion based on how you feel.

Quote:
The original posters thesis has been debunked thoroughly by now,
That is untrue. I think many people who came and read, but not posted, have now increased their knowledge and found it beneficial as well as I did.

Quote:
the whole proof of Gods existence has been done to death, here and elsewhere.
An assumption based on no proof, but based on where perhaps you live in. Perhaps you live in a community that doesn't believe God exists and made it a joke. So rather than trying to find the truth for yourself, you go with what they're saying.

But that is all ok. The purpose of this whole thing is to research and find the truth. After all I always say to myself. We are all humans of the same genetic design. So we must have been created by the same cause. But all the profits in many thousands of years had the same answer about who created everything. So as a result, I think that humans will have the same destination.

Last edited by nanotech; 03-08-2006 at 06:05 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73