View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
shakran
Tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanotech

About the proof, yes there's proof and I thought it was clear. I'll explain further.
Beliefs are NOT proof.

Read on. . .

Quote:
1- The creation of the universe is a matter of design, not coincidence. Any tiny change in the strength of the big bang, earth's gravity strength, minute change in position, etc would have made life impossible. A proof is that earth among millions or billions of planets is the only one capable of life.
Wow, where to start? You BELIEVE the creation of the universe is design, not coincidence. That does not PROVE anything.

You're right in that slight changes in the big bang, etc, could have changed the outcome of the universe. We happened to come about because of changes like that.

I've used this argument before but it is a good one. Credit to Dick Feynman. This morning I drove to the grocery store and I saw a blue Ford Mustang with license number NXY-932. Of all the possible license plates and all the possible makes and models of cars and all the possible colors of cars I managed to see the ONLY blue ford mustang with license number NXY-932. That's just too improbable to be coincidence. God must have sent that car to me.

Put another way (and this could help you deal with the dual concepts of evolution and "divine" creation), if you drop a glass on the floor and it breaks, each shard of glass will land in a specific place, facing a specific way. Given all the places the shards COULD have landed, it's mathematically very improbable that they landed exactly where they did. But that does not make you a god, and it does not mean the shards landed where they did because of your design.

Regarding your theory that earth is the only planet capable of sustaining life, wow, I'm amazed. Thousands of scientists all asking whether or not other planets might be able to sustain life, and YOU'VE managed to find and classify EVERY planet in the universe, and examine them even at the microscopic level to make sure there was nothing alive on them.

You're good

Quote:
2- Any less features of the human complex body would have not allowed the survival of human beings;
bzzt. Wrong. Sorry. If we had a 4 fingered hand, we'd still be here. We evolved this way. That doesn't mean it's the only way.

Quote:
therefore evolution could not have created humans because sexual intercourse which evolution is based on could not have existed.
The only thing worse than that logic is that logic. Sexual intercourse exists even at the microscopic level. All sexual intercourse is is an exchange of genetic data. Sure it's more complicated (and more fun ) in humans, but human or planaria, it's all the same at its most basic level.

Quote:
Because the creatures would have died of diseases, inability to hunt, search for water, and shelter if their body systems weren't complete before they could have sex and give birth.
Aha. Now we figure out where you're coming from. You have a fundamental lack of understanding of the teachings of evolution. Evolution does not say that one day a monkey woke up and morphed into a human. It says that slowly, over generations, genetic traits which increased the chance of survival were passed on. There is no one creature that was the LAST of one species and that gave birth to the FIRST of the next. There was no one creature that started out as an asexually reproductive species, and then suddenly one day decided to grow a penis and see what it could do with it.

Quote:
So life was created by design not coincidence or evolution. So there have had to be a designer. A higher life form which made all this and gave the property of the entire universe to the human beings only. Who could it be that would give the whole universe to human beings? Aliens made the universe, humans, life and everything then vanished? Why?
Well as you can see from my above points, the premise that the universe MUST have been designed, is false. As for the aliens comment, the same can be said for god. God made the universe, humans, life, and everything, and we haven't heard from him in nearly 2000 years?

Quote:
3- No other life forms on other planets have been seen on other planets.
No one has seen the inside of the brick that makes up the outer walls of my house, but that does not mean the inside of the brick does not exist.

Until a new species is discovered, no one has seen it, but that does not mean it does not exist.

Until life on other planets is discovered, no one has seen it, but that does not mean it does not exist.

Quote:
The Quran says he gave the universe to human beings. True
Let's examine that statement. You're using the Quran to prove what the Quran says. Christians do the same thing with their bible. Interestingly enough, we're talking about books which were passed down orally for over a thousand years until the invention of the printing press made it possible for mass distribution of books.

Let's shift gears a second. Most Americans believe Benjamin Franklin flew a kite with a key attached to it in a storm, and that's how he discovered electricity. In fact there is no evidence that this actually happened and there is good evidence that it did not. But that doesn't mean that most Americans aren't hearing the story, believing it, and passing it down to the next generation.

So how can you argue that, if we can't get the Ben Franklin story right after only 200 years, and with the advantages of the media to help us record events accurately. . . If we can't do that, then exactly how did they get the bible/quran 100% correct after so many more years of being passed down, and during an era where few could read, much less write this stuff down?

Quote:
4- The earth has 7 layers which was said in the Quran 1400 years ago when it was impossible to make such conclusions based on science.
The earth has 5 layers. The crust, the upper mantle, the lower mantle, the outer core, and the inner core. 6 if you count the atmosphere (why would you do this?). If the Quran says it has 7 layers, then it is wrong and this would prove that the Quran is, at least partly, inaccurate.

Quote:
5- In the Islam religion, God forbids to eat pork meat and the meat of carnivores and the dead creatures. Indeed, now it’s proven the pork meat is the only meat that has microscopic warms that do not die and can live inhuman beings even when boiled! This all came 1400 years ago when there was no science.
Ahh but there were people who ate pork and then died from the parasites in it. And after enough people died, someone figured out the pork was to blame, and then had "god" tell them to knock it off. After all if Grog the Early Man ran around yelling "hey don't eat that tasty pork that's probably your only food for a week because I think it'll kill you!" no one's gonna listen. . .But if GOD says not to eat it, then suddenly people will listen.

If you analyze religion (not just Islam, but any religion) there's an awful lot of social control in it that would not work without scaring people about what the divine being will do to them.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73