View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 08:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansmithee
Again, you did the exact same thing. You made a "leaving post" with the sole intent of insulting everyone who doesn't agree with you, and then you get mad when some of those who think different from you get angry. You rant and rave about how supposedly "the Right" won't listen to reason, how stupid they are, how they're heartless, etc. but don't want to back up any of your claims. Now who's the hypocrite?

edit-After reading more of the replies after this, it shows me why I've taken a more backseat approach to posting here. You see all the liberal handwringing "oh, why won't they just listen! We're so smart, we know everything, it's obvious they are wrong! Oh, woe is us!" Well, it might come as a shock, but you liberals are just as "brainwashed" as everyone else. You are just as blind to truth, unless it fits into your world view. And then some of you have the nerve to accuse others of being elitists? It's the total blindness to your own faults that I find sickening. You would think people that supposedly make so much out of being openminded wouldn't be such closeminded, elitist pricks themselves. Because all you are is a mirror image of the conservatives you take every opportunity to try to put yourselves above.

Also, when I decided to "quit", I didn't make a post about it. I didn't need a "bash liberals" party on my way out, but apparently the left needs to constantly reinforce their superiority and enlightened status.

You're right Alan.... you are such a better man than I. You ignored the paragraph where I stated I cannot post ANYWHERE on this board for fear of having it used to attack me.

And you attack me here. I'm just talking about how I FEEL and why I am leaving but you want to turn it into a personal attack. This is not a debate, this is not anythjing more than MY FEELINGS and why I am leaving Politics and NOW MAYBE TFP altogether.

YOU CHOSE TO TAKE WHAT I FELT AND ATTACK ME. (Such a graceful "winner" you are, Alan.)

This is not meant as a bash "GOP" thread it's about how some here, have bullied used personal attack and refuse true debate and how if I stay I will have to lower myself to that level.... and I refuse to.

I challenge you to find 1 thread where I have attacked anyone and what they have posted about their pasts, or their families or their life. Now, I challenge you to find out how many have done it to me.

Yet, I'm the bad guy?

I guess you are just a better man than I ever will be.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

Last edited by pan6467; 02-18-2006 at 08:45 AM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73