View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
soccerchamp76
Go Cardinals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
Best MD I ever had was also a homeopath. He listened to what you had to say, asked questions, took lots of notes, and laid out all the options, regular and homeopathic. Sometimes I went with allopathy ('regular' medicine), sometimes homeopathy; it always worked out. In acute situations -- fast-moving stuff that could get nasty in a hurry -- he always went with the allopathy. Whatever you want to say about homeopathy, it's interesting to note that intensive listening is part of the prescribed practice. Maybe we should move that over to 'regular' medicine.

As for doctors in general, most of them are employees or virtual employees these days who have only a certain amount of time -- not enough -- to diagnose patients. Many haven't kept up with the latest practice. Many listen too hard, and unquestioning, to what the drug companies say. And a lot were the "C" students back in med school.

In all these ways medical practitioners are very similar to other professionals these days; except that a mediocre lawyer can lose you money, while a mediocre doctor can kill you. Thus, the standards for the medical profession must be higher than for other professions. And they aren't.
First off, med school classes are "pass/fail" so there are no "C" med school students. And saying the standards for the medical professions must be higher than for toher professions???
Have you tried to get into medical school? Trust me, the standards are very high.

Do not let a couple of bad apples ruin for opinion of all doctors. It is the same as being screwed by one mechanic and then never trusting mechanics ever again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54