View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 07:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hat
Tilted

So, without going into too much detail...I had to work until 1.15am on NYE, and was really quite exhausted after that. I went to meet up with this girl (let's call her "y"), and her friends (one of which I am friends with and met y through). So, as I said I was pretty tired, and really not feeling up to that sort of social interaction. At that point I was thinking I should have just gone home because I wasn't to receptive to y's enthusiasm.

Fast forward an hour or so and it was around 2.30, and most of the people we were with were pretty much calling it a night. I assumed y would be doing the same thing as it would easy for her to get home with them. I said, somewhat unthinkingly (I suppose), that as everyone seemed to be calling it a night I might go to this club and catch up with some friends before going home (I'm 19 and she's 17...so our options in the middle of the city at the time were restricted). Y uh, didn't take to this very well, saying she wanted to spend more time with me that night. I said the same but that our options were heavily restricted and perhaps it would be best to just catch up in the next day or two. She then said that if that's what I wanted to do, fine, and that she'd been hanging out with her friends for most of the night, and that I should go.

Of course, her body language and tone of voice clearly stated that she would very much like to roast me over an open fire ( ). So, after trying to reassure her that I really did want to hang out with her, and at one point saying something like "if you're fine with me going to see my friends, kiss me goodbye" (she uh, didn't buy that at all, hahaha), I resigned myself to the fact that I would not be seeing my friends that night. Hah! I changed tactics and started stating the fact that we would be hanging out that night, and so on and so forth.

So that worked, and I started joking about how pathetic it was that we had already had an argument, and also that next time she was upset with something not to play games and just tell me...so anyway (it doesn't sound like a success so far does it!?), after struggling to come up with something to do with her for the night I decided upon going to this church because I "dig the architecture" - there were also some conveniently located parks around the church and well....8.30am and we were getting coffee. At some point she mentioned that in a week or two she'll have the house free and...well. After the "miscommunication" the night went really, really well, and in many ways I think the "miscommunication" precipitated this.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73