View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Radarhero
Upright

Location: I live in a third world or First world. Whatever you want to call it. The land of many nations... South Africa
Well Ahem...

Mmmm... A very contaversial subject indeed. but yet the answer is simple.

For a liberalist would blame Cannon law and say "Because of celebasy and other religious abstanances caused the priest to break out in liberation of his sexual irritation"
For a pantheist would say "That he cannot sue God."
For an atheist would say " how unlucky he was to be molested"
An existentialist would probably say "he must be gay"
and an agnostic would look at this and say nothing because he does not know where he stands ethically...

What's my point?.. well it's obvious this issue deals with ethics and moral law. However it's sinful nature.

What would a Christian say? It is quite clear to see that this priest had an evil in him that had a mighty sway over his sexual orientation. For the priest must have spent a lot of hours within the church with other men. Learning from each other and growing an almost brotherly bond between them. I would even question if there might have been acts of homosexuality within the priesthood because of celebatical law... we don't know.

But this cannon law and the celebatical law within the Catholic church is a huge danger. If the church does follow the Written word of God then they should consider 1 Corinthians 7 v 9.

This man, "J. David Enright IV" can still sue the Catholic church. but then only the Catholic church. for it is only the Catholic church that reserves the cannon law and rejects truth of the Word of God which they claim to believe in. To sue the Whole Church including the evangelical Christian would be an act of sueing God. Fundementally it is incorrect to do that because the evangelical church does not follow Cannon Law.

However it is an unfortunate thing to happen to J. David Enright IV. but he still expresses a desire to get married and have Four children in boarding school. Why Four and why boarding school? It is clear that he has this desire to marry and that he has been pondering on this subject for a long long time..

The past is the past i agree. But the devil loves to shove it in our faces and make us frozen with fear unable to move on, and in this case not being accepted by the opposite sex. The devil probably told this guy he must be gay because he enjoyed it so much or he could be gay by choice. Sueing the church is only (in my opinion) a cry for acceptance or attention. His longing for a change in his life expresses this idea.

Final thought: Money will not digress the past nor will it ever change the desire to get married. Only forgiveness can do that...

Last edited by Radarhero; 10-12-2005 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: Repition of words

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73