View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Daoust
"I'm sorry. What was the question?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah

If each Bible differs from the others, How can ANY of them be the unabridged word of God?

And secondly, If indeed one cannot claim to know the words of this God, What makes one devote such energy to defining their lives by these books?
Because of the different translations and such of the Bible, skeptics and naysayers feel that they have all sorts of ammunition with which to discredit every single word of the Holy Bible. They use the 'rabbit chewing cud' argument from Genesis, and other small, insignificant examples to try and prove that therefore, the entire document is a farce, a lie, and it is wholly and entirely false. Not a word of it is true.

The Bible as a whole remains intact. Yes there have been a few words here and there that have been added/omitted etc. but as a whole the document has not changed much over 5000 years.

The point I'm trying to make is as follows: If you actually read the Bible (which most of you theologist wannabe's have not) you will see that the major themes, message, and point of the Bible has not changed. The message of the good news of God's plan of salvation for mankind is still there. God created us, we sinned, God devised a plan of salvation whereby He could restore us to Himself, and we have the choice to either accept the sacrifice of God's Son or reject it. Whether or not some words in the Bible have changed over 5000 years or not, this is the message. Jesus was a real person, the Bible is proven to be a historically, geographically, politically accurate document. You either believe that or you do not.

Here's the thing --> If you're a skeptic, an agnostic, a hater of Christians, there probably isn't much that is going to change your mind. You're going to accept every word that someone says that attacks the truth of the Bible. Myself, I don't even listen to any John Q. Public who attacks the Bible who a) has not read it, b) does not see the possibility of it being true c) has been offended, disillusioned, or turned off Christianity because of a church practice or clergy member.

On the other hand, if you believe the Bible to be the inerrant Word of God, you should follow it. You should accept it as wholly true. One should devote their life's energy into following its precepts because you believe it to be true. That includes honestly seeking out answers for yourself, establishing and building a faith between yourself and God, and not resting on a church, a family members faith or some other crutch.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73