View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 03:03 AM   #20 (permalink)
killeena
Crazy

from blabbermouth....

Quote:
Sharon Osbourne spoke exclusively to Kerrang! magazine (web site) last week regading IRON MAIDEN's final performance on this year's Ozzfest tour, during which she cut MAIDEN's power and arranged to have the band pelted with eggs and debris from the crowd. A couple of excerpts from the interview follow:

Kerrang!: Reading between the lines of [IRON MAIDEN manager] Rod Smallwood's statement, the unspoken suggestion is that you orchestrated this whole thing...

Sharon Osbourne: "Of course I did. I had the PA turned on and off. And look, it's not hard for someone to walk into a diehard Ozzfest crowd and say, 'Who wants to throw an egg at a rock star?' Who wouldn't wanna do that? I went out and bought 50 eggs and me and my daughter had a fucking blast. C'mon, it's rock 'n' roll. No-one died. They'll be waiting a long fucking time for an apology from me."

Kerrang!: The most astonishing thing about all this is that the metal world has always had such camaraderie, such a "one for all, all for one" attitude...

Sharon Osbourne: "It has, right? But for some reason Bruce Dickinson [IRON MAIDEN singer] seemed to view it as a battle of the bands. He'd stand up on that stage and say that this wasn't the Ozzfest anymore, it was MAIDEN-fest. How fucking disrespectful is that? He's got such an '80s mentality. He's up there saying, 'Fuck MTV and fuck radio and you wouldn't catch IRON MAIDEN doing a reality show' and it's like, 'Hang on, you're a shareholder in Sanctuary, which is one of the biggest corporations in the music business.' He's never said a word about SABBATH either, only Ozzy, so it's personal. We've had 220 bands play this tour over the last 10 years and I've never felt the need to egg anyone."

Kerrang!: Up to this point you’re being painted as the "Wicked Witch" here, Sharon...

Sharon Osbourne: "I'm as nice as can be to people until they fuck with me and my family. I've always said that. I'm surprised that after everything that's been reported about how protective I am of my husband that anyone would even be shocked by this."

Kerrang!: Saying things like this could make this run and run...

Sharon Osbourne: "Not for me. We have Ozzfest shows to do so I'm not thinking about this anymore. Bruce Dickhead doesn't exist to me anymore."

Sharon Osbourne's entire interview with Kerrang! can be found in the magazine's latest issue, out on the stands tomorrow (August 31).

(Thanks: Kerrang!)
I have never really liked Sharon, it has always seemed to me that she has been exploiting Ozzy to further her own career and profits. I think Ozzy is great, but he has needed to retire for years now. He is losing his voice, he waddles out onto the stage, but yet he is still out there. I am willing to bet that he has been wanting to retire for some time now, but Sharon has been pushing him not to so she can get all she can out of him.

About the whole Iron Maiden thing, I don't think Bruce should have been talking about the people heading up the tour (even if it was true) while his band was in fact, on that tour. It would have been a little more classy to wait until they were off the tour. But the response to it was 20X worse. There is really no excuse to treat another band like that. They could have talked to their management, or kicked Maiden off the tour, or something to keep it civil and mature, but no, they are spoiled bitches. I hope people stop supporting Ozzfest, because I know I will never go to another one again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73