View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 09:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
silvertiger
Tilted

Cherish

I stood... poised over the city that had been my home for years uncounted. As i gazed out over the beautiful cityscape and stand in awe of the myriad of colors that bring such calm to me, I contemplated things that brought me closer to myself.

The smell of a hot dog drifting lazily through the park to appease my demanding ofactory chamber. The slight crackling sound of kernels skittering along the ground before the throng of single-minded drones that hunted these grounds in search for old women and sloppy children. The brush of wind that shifts my shirt just enough to breath wind into the collar that swirls through my shirt and leaves it int eh same condition as before, but i am refreshed.

A voice calls me to a more private place. The tinkling of dinnerwear passes my ear as the bus boy carries his daily faire to the corner. I stand watching the cuple at the table enjoy thier aparitifs. He laughs jovially and places his hand on hers with a slow, determined, comforting grasp that holds him to this place. The waiter comes to the table with the proffered bottle of wine, a lofty soviegnon that compliments thier dish as no other would. the glasses are filled, and the mood is set... and the man inches closer, slowly to kneel before her. The touch of a knee and the tilt of his head tells her that this is no ordinary meal, and the smile on his face tells her that this is a wonderful beginning.

A bright light in my peripheral vision catches my attention and i turn. The sun shines bright and warms her body as I stand on the warm beaches of the carribean. She runs through the surf in her suit that barely covers, yet hardly reveals. Her smile brightens me more than the brilliant orb overhead as she runs toward the man paddling haphazerdly in the waves. She turns her head and the sunlight catches her diamond stud just right and showers me with a rainbow of colors for an isntant bliding me into confusion. She has passed into the ocean and meets him at the crest of a wave as they drift out of view.

A sound pulls me out of my reverie and I turn to see what it could be. I stand mortified, as blood seeps past me and soils the drains of the gutter as she holds him close. Her hair in disarray... her voice hoarse from pleading for help... I watch her and weep as I send her all my love. I try to explain all of my thoughts, but I am wordless... still as a statue... unable to reach her. My heart stops beating, and she screams into the dark....

she loved me .. but all I can do now is watch her... guide her... and love her back... until we meet again...

Last edited by silvertiger; 08-25-2005 at 09:49 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73