View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 09:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Zeraph
Banned

Note: spoilers.

I really liked it, better than book 5. All the parts except one made sense, which will probably be explained in book 7. The fact that Harry has an equivelence of grade 11 (high school) education, and he's going to go up against someone with a doctorate, if I were him I'd be a lot more interested in learning more (from school or the order) as snape really kicked his ass and he doesn't even have as much power as Voldemort.

And that just made me think of another thing, he didn't even use that septumsemptora spell on those death eaters because apparently it was too dark...but how does he expect to kill Voldemort? Stun him to death? Ah that reminded me of another thing I read
"There was a dark wizard in medieval times named Voldermortist. In another language, Voldermortist means "Lord of Evil" or "Dark Lord". Legend has it that Voldermortist once tried to destroy Merlin before the time of King Arthur (Mr. Weasley?), by bewitching good people, and simply bribing those who already were evil. Legend has it that Merlin destroyed Voldermortist by using a simple paralyzing charm (full body bind?), fed him to the many-headed-beast (Fluffy?) of the lake, the Lady of the Lake's pet (Giant Squid?), freed the bewitched people, and destroyed the evil men. That was maybe twelve, thirteen years before Arthur (how long it was from Voldemort's destruction until Harry started Hogwarts). In many European languages 'mort' or 'mord' refer to death or evil. In French, Voldemort means "flight of death" (meaning escaping death.)"

In regards to RAB, maybe I forgot, but wasn't Regulus rather weak? I don't think he'd be the first one to uncover Volds horcrux. Plus, how would he know about that cave?

I wrote a lot of reasons why I think Dumbledore's dead for good, but I'll just leave it at my opinion, as it was disjointed.

Snape could be good or bad still, I think there is equal chance for either. At the end, I think Dumbledore was begging for Snape to kill him, to keep up his cover, rather than for his life, as I don't see him as one to fear death. Dumbledore also hinted that he didn't have much time left through out the book, so he may have suspected this would happen (I also think he talked to Malfoy about the plot for Harry's sake.)

EDIT: Forgot one thing, Harry can't be a horcrux as when Vold tried to posses him in book 5 he couldn't stand it for more than a few seconds, so there's no way his soul could reside in him.

Last edited by Zeraph; 07-18-2005 at 10:13 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73