View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 06:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
feelgood
Free Mars!

Location: I dunno, there's white people around me saying "eh" all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave
I will do Troy just because there are SO MANY. Most bad calls in a single movie plot ever.

#1. Paris boning Helen.
#2. Helen leaving with Paris.
#3. Hector deciding to go back to Troy for his brother's sake instead of dropping him the hell back at Sparta.
#4. The Trojan counter-attack when Achilles was about to leave.
#5. Achilles' cousin going to fight like a dumbass.
#6. Hector offering to fight Achilles.
#7. Achilles letting Versaillus go back to Troy.
#8. Taking the Trojan Horse into Troy instead of burning it (Paris' one good idea in the whole movie).

I'm sure there are a few more, but those are the big ones. Everyone in the movie is so stupid that the movie actually infuriated me more than anything else.
I think you're missing the point. You pointed out bad calls that shouldn't have happened and if it didn't, then the whole point of making the movie just disappeared.

#1 You can't stop love, whatcha gonna do about it? If you did, forget about making the movie.

#2 See above.

#3 I suppose you would like it if your brother/sister/parent dropped you off into a nest of angry killer bees just for the sake of their safety?

#4 How would the Trojans know if Archilles were about to leave? If they did, I'm sure they would've counter-attack after he left. The movie isn't set in the 21st century. Back then, knowing enemy combatant movement was like trying to find water in the middle of a desert while a sandstorm is blowing your ass off.

#5 He's a kid, you saw it early in the movie that he's ambitious and wants to go out and fight like his older cousin. Yeah, it's stupidity but we all went through it, I'm sure you tried a bike stunt or two just to impress your friends.

#6 Yeah, it's stupid, then again, back during the Trojan wars era, honour was above all else and Hector was trying to defend it. Besides, Hector didn't offer it, Archiles showed up at the gate of Troy demanding Hector to duke it out with him, what was he gonna do? Chicken out? That's the best way to lose your honour.

#8 I'm sorry but that's the stupidest complaint about a movie I ever heard. If the Trojans burnt the wooden horse then what's the point of making a movie that's suppose to be historically accurate?

To sum all of your points up, I just don't see how you could have a movie if Hollywood writers or directors realized that those are bad call by the charactors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73