View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 06:00 AM   #40 (permalink)
RangerDick
Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantus
Ranger,

Well roachboy covered the bases.

I somehow doubt that you need me to submit proof that Bush misled the country into this war. As you stated yourself there are plenty of arguments out there.

I am aware that there are many discusions out there on whether the President misled this country or not, but the topic was mentioned by you.
I'm confused by what you mean here. There are arguments out there on both sides. I think that the difference in considering these arguments is that the left's frothing-at-mouth hatred for Bush seriously impedes their ability to analyze the information presented in an unbiased fashion. In other words, it appears that this group starts out with the conclusion that "Bush is guilty and should be impeached" and works backward, or reverse-engineers, twists facts, grasps at straws to back up the conclusion that they've already formulated.
Quote:
Quote:
The "Bush lied" meme is quite old and worn out. Repeating it over and over does not make it any truer.

Infact from your very first post the issue of
Quote:
New York Times suppressing information that would support Bush's impeachment.

...was never confronted.
So far all you posted your personal opinion on the matter, which is fine, but I would like to hear the basis for that opinion.
In part I base my opinion on the premise that the NYT is an extremely left-biased newspaper (as an example- the Abu Ghraib front page streak) and would love to put the screws to Bush on this issue just as much as you and roachboy would. Whether or not we all agree on the Times having a left leaning bias, I think at the very least it's fair to say they are extremely critical of the Bush administration. Now, Why aren't they publishing these "stories"? This was the topic of host's OP. Unless any of us has a direct line to the editing room at the NYT, all any of us can do is offer our opinion on this. I'd submit that if there was any meat behind these cries for impeachment, the Times would publish them. Or am I not understanding your question?

Quote:
Also, I am sorry for the rather demeaning tone in my previous post. I was just a little vexed by your "check mate" remark.
No offense taken at all, I've got a strong chin. I can a take a jab every now and then, it helps keeps things interesting. I can see how the "check mate" thing might have spawned it, but just so you guys know, I only meant it in good clean verbal-jousting fun.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73