View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Robaggio
Crazy

My repertoire- Needs improvement.

Well, this will be my 4th year of college. Up until this point I've been in the dorms, which means I've been on the campus meal plan. It wasn't horrible, but my tastes yearned for more. Now, however, I've got my own place, and I can go nuts.

Here is a list of my foods that I eat.

Misc (Snacks and/or things I eat every day):

Daily multivitamin.
Vitamin C multivitamin (every primate on earth is recommended 1000+mg of Vitamin C per day. Why does the FDA recommend 250mg for humans?)
Orange Juice - Calcium fortified.
Silk Soy Milk - Calcium fortified.
Granola (bars, loose, etc.)
Red Grapes
Bannanas
Apples (with lemon or lime juice on the slices)
Carrots

Dishes:
Frozen Pizzas - Whatever is on sale for 5/$10
Burritos - Meat or Tofu + Cheese + Tortillas
"Pasta" - Tomato Sauce + Cheese + Garlic Bread Sauce may or may not have veggies in it depending on if I'm lazy.
Polish Sausage - A.K.A. "Ring Bologna" + Rice
Macaroni & Cheese (SPIRALS!)
Eggs + Cheese + Polish Sausage.
Thai Curry (Curry sauce + Coconut Milk) - Tofu (thinly sliced) + Veggies + Ramen Noodles
Plain Ramen - no side.
Fried Rice - Veggies + Rice + Random leftovers.
Sauteed Mushrooms - Sliced Mushrooms + Butter + Red Wine + Random side (usually ramen)

As you can see, I'm very much a hippie. Surprisingly, I don't smoke pot. I prefer organic counterparts when reasonably priced. I'm a stickler for Vitamin C now that I've learned about how much other primates consume it. (I drink at least 48oz of orange juice a day. I need to cut back because it's very acidic and there is a history of ulcers in my family) I try to eat healthy whenever I can. My goal here is to improve my diet and the dishes I'm able to prepare.

Notes:

-I eat lots of cheese- I want to cut back cheese servings to 2-3 per week.
-I eat meat, but I would prefer to not eat beef and instead replace it with fowl and fish because it's apparantly healthier (Is it?). Regardless, I want to add more fish into my diet.
-Lots of my foods require oil to cook. I want to cut back on this.

Whew... that was a lot of writing. I basically needed to sift through my thoughts. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for foods to incorporate into my diet. I have plenty of time to prepare complex meals- I'm just not creative enough to come up with things on my own. I get bored with my limited options. I want more variety- more fish, pasta, and grains dishes. I believe adding more of those three will make my diet healthier. Am I moving the right direction? More importantly... any hippies around with yummy unique hippie dishes to share? :P

Sincerely, Robaggio the "I'm so far right wing I'm liberal", hippie.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73