Thread: What is art?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 09:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Drider_it
Junkie

so by art being an outlet for emotions... is it a good or bad thing? when others feel anger at a show peice. or awe at a painting.

I have had the simplest of paintings or sculptures move me to tears. yet the complex and outlandish of some just cause me to scoff at ones work. but then again we are all human and have a sense of free choice. of free will.. this alone moves us when looking at any form of art. next in line is our grounding in reality. how far off can we go or imagine?

as an avid fantasy and scifi book reader and big in to table top role playing games such as the d20 system given out by wizards of the coast. heck i can come up with a world of fantasy or fiction in a day. complete with seasons and such. but with the chaotic nature of my real life, i prefer the calm and easy flow of lines and colors call to me.

and yet you have the individual again.. the ego of man as a whole. for that alone determines what is the norm in the social stream of life. burn this.. but ohhh keep this its pretty. (dog stuffed in a lawn mower- for instance)

and then the evil of man. immoral and decrepid. everyone has a dark side. do not deny it. you have that inner voice that tells you "dont do it" but you refuse to listen to it and so you blunder though another path. the dark of man has had its art form all through history. what.. look at pearl harbor, nam, even 9/11.. time mag is full of art pictures of the horror and evil of man.

but i believe music is your best choice at art. what do you like to listen to? there are more forms of music now then there was 20 years ago and 40 years before that? how about 80?

here is a simple truth. the brain has safety features built in. stand outside tomorrow/today. dont look around find one object straight ahead and stare at it. now open your mind and try to take it all in at once. you cant. every color of each blade of grass, the individual colors of the leaves on a tree. the bricks on the building can you focus on them all in truth? thats just sight. then comes sound. notice people as they go through life. they will perk up with a sudden intrest in a sound. or even a smell.. that is the brains self defense keeping the ego and even the ID from short circuting from the over flow of senses. we are flawed and limited.

so does that mean art is? one person tapped an area to produce this yet does that mean you or I cannot? is that why we find such art distasteful or vulgar?

the evolution of art. nothing new comes to us.. just taking it in a different form .. one could say evolution.. of course im on a tanget now so ill go.. in parting

what is in your minds eye when you look at the world?
It means only one thing, and everything: Cut. Once committed to fight, Cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that overrides that one. Cut. The lines are a portrayal of the dance. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resoultely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Crush him. Cut him without mercy to the depth of his spirit. It is the balance to life: death. It is the dance with death. It is the law a war wizard lives by, or he dies.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73