View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
Mojo_PeiPei
Kiss of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan6467
I love the argument that the Supreme Court upholds gay marriage. It doesn't. I love how the Right is trying to use this so as to grab religious zealots (not meant in a bad way only word I can think of), prejudice people and blind followers to support them.

First, The Supreme Court has NOT ruled on any gay marriage I know of. What they have done as far as I am aware is uphold the RIGHT OF A STATE'S supreme court to make a judgement. Gay marriage is nothing more than a smokescreen by the Right to move people over to them so that they can gain power in other ways.

The Right has Congress and the Presidency..... where exactly are these "anti-abortion laws, anti-gay marriage laws, anti- whatever liberal law" they promised to deliver?????

Ah yes..... there aren't any really getting through is there? They are saber rattling and blaming the Supreme Court but not truly acting on promises ........ Where is that nationwide amendment they swore in '04 banning gay marriage?????
Well first and foremost the congress has passed a few abortions bills. One such one was the death of a fetus in a federal crime was amounted to murder, which the liberals were kicking and screaming about. Then they delivered on the partial birth abortion ban, that took a day to get ruled illegal by a low court.

As for the amendment surrounding gay marriage, the republicans tried to pass the law, it didn't have the support to pass the congress, the system worked.

The whole amendment thing is a preemptive strike. Right now we have DOMA in effect, but it won't last for ever. The Supreme Court will eventually have to hear a case regarding gay marriage, if an amendment were in place it would negate any ruling that would go against DOMA which in one decision could be thrown out the window.

Quote:
I'm sure one of you true conservatives can explain to me the reasoning for your support of more government as long as it isn't from Democrats
Namely democrats suck, to me personally they embody a black hole of reason and responsibility. I don't see how an amendment would be more government, it would merely restrict the courts ability to rule on it at a national level, which would take away the states rights as they are afforded through DOMA.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62