View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 09:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
uncle_el
Crazy

wow, the thread's gone way off topic. in any event, i watched "this week" this past sunday, and the pat robertson segment was simultaneously hilarious and thought provoking. he pretty much said all non-judeo-christian religion following/believing people should not be judges. not because they can't understand the law, but because they're coming from a different faith base, and thus have different values. he stated that all muslims want to kill all non muslims - saying that in the koran that you are either with allah or against allah...

stephonopolous also asked him about his predictions earlier in the year, as robertson stated earlier in the year that God told him that bush would pass social security reform.

when stephonopolous asked him about God's involvement with the tsunami versus God's role in politics in the u.s., robertson also stated that God doesn't control nor stop natural disasters (he stated that tectonic plates in the area shifted, and God doesn't control that). robertson did, however, state that God is involved in politics because plenty of people are praying, and it's important to Him.

i'm a christian, but i totally disagree with robertson and think he's far off his rocker.
An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of inprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses. - Malcolm X

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54