View Single Post
Old 03-26-2005, 10:38 AM   #38 (permalink)
Sweetpea
Fade out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifier
Where are the illegal firearms coming from? Are they already manufactured illegal? Or are they bought as legal weapons and than are stolen or sold illegaly?

Somewhere the "life" of a gun has to start and it starts as a legal gun. So outlawing guns would dry out one of the supplies of illegal guns.

My problem with the possetion of guns is that the american soceity is obviously obsessed with violence (see crime stats) and I think someone who violently insane shouldn't be armed to the teeth, so why should the american soceity be armed?
But I also think that guns are not the problem, the reason for the violence.
the point that i was trying to make Pacifier is that it won't matter if we choose to make firearms illegeal, if they are made illegeal for all citizens, the criminals will always find a way to gain access to them and the common individual will have no way to protect oneself.

As to your comment about American society . . . i WISH that things were different, not just in the U.S. but in the world in general, I wish that people held peace above violence. i would love to live in a society where no one needed gun to protect their bodies or their lives and where their was no threat of violence, but that is not the case in ANY country at this time.

And obviously you have never been in a situation where you or your friends lives were threatened, once you've been in a situation like this . . . Trust me, you would want to train yourself properly to carry a firearm to protect onself.

As to arming teachers, again, i don't know if it would be a fesible solution as to the comments made by "Gilda" alot of teachers would just prefer not to carry a firearm and perhaps an armed guard would be more appropriate. It is sad that it has come to this, but it would be sadder still to not take any precaution against this happening in other schools in the future.

Thanks,
Sweetpea

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62