View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
dylanmarsh
Sleepy Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes
Who really cares? Are you really serious?
Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. Let me make it perfectly clear: I am not a fan of Barry Bonds. He doesn't play for the Red Sox and has said that Boston is too racist for him. His loss. Do I hold it against him? No. Barry Bonds playing on the left coast has no bearing on my life nor does his alleged steroid use. The person his situation should effect is Barry Bonds.

Quote:
Yes and yes.
Okay, then, how do you feel about Martin Luther King, Jr. and just about every playboy bunny and supermodel?

Quote:
Last I knew, "having a Schiltz and going balls deep into Stumpy" wasn't performance enhancing, so you are comparing apples to oranges.
What's to say its not? Maybe the Babe couldn't relax without these things before the first pitch. If you want to discuss fact, how about Ted Williams personally handpicking bats at the Louisville plant during the 40's while other player had to pick from what was sent to the clubs? That seems like a big advantage but no one knocks #9 for exploring some advantages outside of natural talent.

Quote:
Ah yes, find something else to blame it all on because why should people be held accountable for their actions when there is always the handy "media" to be the scapegoat. Seriously, why not just say the devil made him do it and call it a day?
Why not just stay out of other people's affairs, like Barry Bonds, and say you're sorry? What has Barry Bonds done to make you tell him to "screw"? Did he steal money from your grandmother? Did he run over your dog and then get out and piss on it? No. All Barry did was do what he thought was best for his family: become the best in his profession. The Giants pay him millions because he puts people in the seats and he gets that SF Giants logo on the front page of newspaper in the USA and other parts of the world. So, yea, when I blame the media it is because they fuel every little story until it becomes bigger and bigger until it gets out of control.

Information is the most dangerous weapon in the world; not a ball player and certainly not a steroid.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54