View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 04:38 AM   #156 (permalink)
NCB
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier
This is the first progression i've seen by NCB in this thread on how he really feels about homosexuality.

NCB, you are a bigot. Just because you're uncomfortable with the idea (read: scared), does not mean it is wrong. Homosexuals deserve to be accorded the same rights and freedoms the rest of us do. Love is not bound by gender, color, or ideals. There is no reason a homosexual man can't love and care for another man, like a heterosexual man would care for a woman. I see now why you can't accept gay marriage. It would mean that a gay man's marriage would be just as valid and special as yours. You would be the same. Equal.
1. Here we go. "Bigot"; "Intolerant"; words that are commonly used when either the thinking gets too hard or a constructive argument cannot be formulated. Hell, I'm surprised you didn't throw in "redneck". That would be some funny shit, considering I'm a first generation Latino.

2. The reason I threw that example out is becasue it's already happening in Canada. Three months or so ago (barely 6 months after Canada redefined marriage), a school district in BC became the first to come up with a sex ed curriculm that would be taught side by side with the traditional sex ed curric.

Is that a good thing, considering that adolescents begin dealing with their ever changing bodies and raging hormones, to have the govt treat homosexuality as a norm? Afterall, the natural order of things is hetherosexuality. Think about it.

Quote:
Being homosexual is not a choice, and you can't assume it is just because you can't see it on the outside, like the color of your skin. Black people couldn't "come out of the closet", because they had no way to hide their skin colour to avoid prejudice. They couldn't pretend to themselves they weren't black.

If homosexuality had primarily an environmental cause, we would see distribution patterns based on favorable environmental conditions for homosexuality. Similar family environments producing homosexuals. Something in the air, or water, or food. But there isn't. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the statistical distribution of homosexuals based on their birthplace.
Slice it and dice it anyway you will, but the theory that it's not a choice is just that: a theory. There is no hard proof either way. In fact, the dark, dirty little secret is how many homosexuals first strayed into homosexuality through a disturbing seduction or rape or molestation or abuse.

Now you can refer to your "studies", but I'll pit my studies versus yours, and we'll see just who could out vague the other.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73