View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 07:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Strange Famous
follower of the child's crusade?

yeah, there is a stigma, I pretty much grew up thinking "big boys dont cry" - and mostly definitely not in front of anybody if you do. There have been times I have felt like I might cry, but I can't, something in me holds it back. probably the last time I cried that I can remember was when I was 9/10 and people at school had made fun of me for being fat, and I told my dad about it and I was upset, and he told me not to be a baby - and started called me "fatso" "fat pig" and so on "to toughen me up" apparently. I cried and tried remember keep asking him to stop but he wouldnt and I got kind of hysterical in the end, and tried to hug him, but he threw me off.

I dont remember any time after that I cried, but I might have done, but Im pretty sure not since I was 11 definitely. I remember when I was 14, on christmas day, with my dad again, he blew up (cos I didnt buy him an expensive present, and I wasnt interested in this lego kit he bought me) and he started telling me how much he hated me, how I was a piece of shit, I was evil, I had destroyed the whole family, etc etc etc... and I remember trying to cry to make him feel sorry for me, and he could tell I was faking it, and then I just thought "wtf, why do I bother"... I remember v clearly thinking that it would be nicer in a foster home, I'd have more friends etc etc.

sometimes when I think about it I get mad at myself that I dont hold the hate I felt then inside myself still, but it all just broke up,,, and I suppose if you only think of the worst times... there were a lot of good times too you discount. I think certainly from that age I never loved him, but i cant really hate him either. One time I quoted something back to him he said to me that night (he said he would burn all the photo's of me and forget he ever had a son) and HE started crying about it... I suppose maybe he felt guilty about it, but I dont see why he has any reason to cry about it,,, he shouldnt have said it if he doesnt want it to be said.

I guess, Ive alwats been quite an emotionally distant person, I honestly dont feel that Im not in touch with my emotions, I just dont have very strong emotions at all.
without being uncovered."

The Gospel of Thomas

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73