Thread: Smoking Ban
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 10:29 AM   #39 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

First, it is amazing in most places I see a smoking ban it comes from a GOP. What happened to allowing the owner to decide what is best for his own business? If the owner wants smoking, non smoking or both with seperate sections it is his right to do so..... NOT THE GOVERNMENT'S.

Sorry, if the "free market" idea didn't work, there was a reason for that perhaps....

Secondly, my cigarette taxes are a "voluntary" tax that local, state AND federal governments cannot live without. Therefore, they have no right to dictate to me where and when I may smoke.

Hell, part of my cigarette taxes went to pay for the Gund and Jacobs Field, those 2 buildings were paid for by Cle. smokers and drinkers and therefore we should have smoking sections available (esp. at an OUTSIDE venue).

Fuck it and fuck non-smokers, you want to dictate where I can smoke and not consider my rights, or the fact I pay taxes to enjoy my habit? Then I'll start buying ciggies on the internet tax free. See how long you can survive paying higher taxes without the ciggie monies..... then let's hear you bitch.

If a person asks me politely to put my cigarette out, I do so gladly. BECAUSE UNLIKE THESE NON-SMOKING NAZIS, I RESPECT OTHERS RIGHTS.

As for cigarette smoking causing death.... undoubtedly, but we all die of something. Just wait for all these new drugs to start causing health problems, or Bush's laxadaisical approach on the EPA laws, allowing for filthier air, more arsenic and poisons in our waters and foods.... yeah, smoking is so much worse.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54