Thread: weight issues
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 01:12 PM   #29 (permalink)
Lockjaw
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary_User
Whoa!
I expected a few bad remarks, there is no way to touch a subject like this and not be labeled an asshole.
I want to clear a few things up though, Ive went on walks w/ her before and am actually meeting her @ work to walk home w/ her today. Her gym is a a female only and she just stops there after work.
the comment that I made was not rude @ all (IMO)
We were at a restaurant and having a few drinks, we were consistent on the drinking, because I was more having conversations and eating inbetween talking than drinking. She would finish her drink and I would have like 1/4 left each time. SO all I said to her was along the lines of geez, whats going on here, I feel bad Im supposed to be the one who out drinks and eats you.
I feel that was more a comment on me, and making me feel less 'manly' because Im not out drinking her @ the time.
Eating everything off of the plate isnt the problem I have w/ her, It's that I believe that diet is just as important as exercise.
I want to help.
I don't know if I am helping her or not, because I normally will comment on how much I like her butt.

I know Im not perfect, I have to have flaws that she wishes I could/will change as well.
Ok you are at a good start here but I really think you could do some good if you talked her into going to work out with you at a gym were you could both be together. Just spin it off as I want to spend some more time with you.
And I'm just curious...what exactly DID she have to eat?

And in his defense I don't think he's really trying to change her. It's more like encouraging what she is attempting to do but she just might need some more knowledge to accomplish a task. Perfect example of this is my sister. She has weight loss books works out...but she still eats like crap thusly she continuely put on weight. My brother-in-law started working out with her and she's losing weight because she's accountable to someone more than herself. People that struggle with weight sometimes need that additional bit of pressure to get the results they want and many times they will not ask for it. However if it's done in an appropriate manner it's readily accepted.

Seriously man do what you think is right but just a bit of advice if you see her continuely eating poorly and you aren't the reason behind the eating poorly(i.e. you aren't taking her out to eat at places with really unhealthy food or stuffing her full of sweets and crap all the time). Cut bait and move on because no matter how much she is excercising she WILL get bigger than you want to deal with most likely and since you are concernbed about appearances in this manner ending it quickly is the best. Better you move on now than dump out on her after a long term relationship or getting married.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73