View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 03:53 PM   #36 (permalink)
daswig
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourtyrulz
And you didn't say anything to the university president? I'll agree completely with martinguerre whom you quoted. Being an undergrad (history/political science) student and having to take mostly "liberal" classes on religion, politics, and history, I have seen people speak up for their religious beliefs in many of my classes. Even if I don't agree with them I think it is incredibly ballsy to speak their mind in the middle of a packed lecture hall. Be pissed off at the professor all you want if you don't feel like chiming in, but at the end of the day you're still accountable for the information he/she teaches.

I've said it on the TFP before, if you don't want your firmly held high school beliefs challenged and want to live a life devoid of any questioning of those beliefs...don't come to college. If you aren't open minded enough to consider other peoples viewpoints stay at home with mommy and daddy, let them teach you what the "real" world is about.

That said, this bill is rediculous. Students have every right to give professors their point of view, but the responsibility lies solely on those students. I know professors at my university would even look highly upon you after discussing those issues with them...as long as you're willing to actually discuss and be open minded, and justify your position.

Sorry, the University knew of her practices, and her course was REQUIRED for everybody in the criminal justice field. No passee her coursee, no graduatee.

I hate to tell you this, but the "real world" generally refuses to listen to the crap that liberal professors put out, which is why they are in academia. They flock to academia because they can't hold a job in the "real world". There are still MARXISTS teaching political science in American universities. Hell, even the Russians have turned their backs on Marxism. If you think college is the "real world", you're gonna be HURTING once you graduate, and end up with your first job being one where you ask "Grande, vente, or tall?" all day long.

Daswig, B.S., J.D., and has a REAL job in-field.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62