View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fourtyrulz
Psycho

The use of hallucinogenic drugs as a means of worship.

A: Outrage
Q: What emotion am I currently feeling towards not only the government of the United States but governments all across the globe.

Hallucinogenic drugs, wether it be psilocybic mushrooms, marijuana, salvia, yaje, or peyote, are against the law. Why? Entheogenetic drugs have been used by millions of people of all civilizations, Greeks, various Indo-European civilizations, Native American and Latin American civilizations, all throughout the course of human history have used etheogenetics to expand their view of God and explore their inner consciousness. It seems only Christian and Islamic religions view these as evil.

Now, the US government under the Controlled Substances Act files both psilocybin and marijuana under Schedule I which are drugs that have a high potential for abuse and no recognizable medical use. Marijuana has proven it's medicinal use, look at how native cultures have used it for centries; psilocybin has even been studied to treat obessive compulsive disorder, and peyote is outlawed even for Native American religious ceremonies. How's that for freedom of religion? Even psychologists aren't able to study these great mind expanding drugs to even unlock their further benficial traits (of which there could be hundreds).

To quote Timothy Leary's defense in court:

Quote:
I am pleading not guilty in this case, because I am an American citizen.

As such, I am entitled to the free exercise of my religion.

I am entitled to engage in scientific research.

I am entitled to live in my home, travel in my car and bring up my children the best I can in accordance with my beliefs and values.

My motives before and during the incident of my arrest are clearly spiritual, interior and not ulterior.

These are not personal privileges that I claim, but constitutional rights of every citizen.

In defending myself against this prosecution, I am defending the right of every American citizen to lead the religious life of his own conviction, to worship, to experience, to commune with universal forces, to transcend his ego and dissolve the petty differences that divide men whom love should bind, to seek religious ecstasy, revelation and truth as men have done throughout the ages.
If you want to celebrate god through the nature he himself has created, what power does any government have of stopping you? Nature...against the law?

Mods, if this doesn't belong here feel free to move it.

Last edited by Fourtyrulz; 02-10-2005 at 07:26 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73