View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 09:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Blackthorn
Beware the Mad Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaspheme
Yes, because nobody has ever been brutally slain in the name of Christianity! The Crusades were a hoax, as was the Spanish Inquisition, and the Salem Witch Trials!

Sarcasm aside, any religion taken to extremes can be a terrible thing. At its core Islam is as respectable as Judaism and Christianity, it's all about how the followers decide to interpret it. If you truly believe all, or even most, followers of Islam do such things then you've probably heard a bit too much propaganda.
Ya know I wondered how out of context I'd get twisted by making that comment. It's funny that it took one post but strangely enough you left slavery out of your argument.

Okay I made a general and slightly sterotypically biased comment on the muslim religion. I'll give you that.

When I check the calendar I see the crusades ended several centuries ago. Fast forward to today (and this is an assumption that the clip was current but hey -- there was at least a digital clip) and by comparison there are more acts of extreme violence comitted every day in the name of Islam than damn near any other force.

I do believe followers of Islam hijacked and crashed four commercial airliners in 2001. I believe there are more followers of Islam out there who would like to do the same -- in the name of Islam of course.

Christians, Jews or any other religion aside some of the most barbaric people alive TODAY -- not centuries ago -- are Islamic fundamentalists or the so called extremists. The extremists who live to enforece the letter of the law as written in the Koran (by the way have you read any of it?) and believe that the infidels must be eliminated in order to serve Alah. The violent extremists that have given the millions of legitimate God fearing people who follow the teachings of the Islamic faith a bad image. The behvior demonstrated in that clip in the year 2005 further tarnishes a what is already a pretty bad, sure albeit sterotyipcally, but earned reputation.

At it's core Islam may be benign but what is being played out before our very eyes today is anything but propoganda. Even CNN, the Clinton News Network, couldn't cherry-gloss coat this mess.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62