View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 02:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Hurricane1
Upright

I bought a 100 year old home in a small historic town , in January 04. Never lived near this town before, but I could not wait for a quaint, quiet lifestyle.

I did not even see my neighbor, whose home is probably 7 feet away, until June. He immediately told me he was a recluse, suffered from severe depression and was on disability. Also, he was drunk. Whoa! Way too much information in the first 5 minutes of chat. Anyway, he must have been in a manic state because he found a reason to come by everyday for 5 days. I finally blew him off (nicely) and we went back to never seeing one another.

His home is deplorable, both inside and out. His dogs have fleas and when I do yard work I bring them in with me. He will not do anything about this and I struggled all summer to keep the fleas at bay. (successfully, I might add with only a few problems)I so feel for those dogs.

In August I had 3 of my 6 week old tires slashed. I called the police and he took a report.

In November.... Let me preface this by saying that I always keep my exterior light on at night. I also keep a downstairs light on as well..... So about 3 am I hear a loud *thwap* it shook the house! I immediately got out of bed and ran down downstairs. The back door to kitchen was all out of whack. The casing was split and the bottom hinges had come off and I freaked!

Someone tried to break into my home while I was there.

The only way into my back yard is past my car in the driveway. Remember, the lights were on also. I have tons of tools near the back door that were not touched. Also, If you wanted to break in you could just break the window pane in the door and *hello* turn the door knob. There was no reason to destroy my door!

The police came once again. I have never in my 38 years EVER called the police and now I have had to call them twice within a few months!! They looked at me and said "What do you know about your neighbor?" OMG!! I told them what I knew and asked them if, off the record, they could tell me what they knew? They spilled.

The last part they told me was on election eve, he called them to say he had been abducted (to keep him from voting) and taken to a neighboring town and dropped off after the polls had closed. When they went the next day to check on him, he would not let them in. He only said to not worry about it (hostily) and said the General Ashcroft has his file and is taking care of this!

So we all believe he did this but without proof, they couldn't confront

Needless to say, I got ADT security installed.

I so wanted to move to a place without drama. Drama has kicked me in the ass. I was raking the yard and he came out and asked about the police. I just said that some f*&@in asswipe tried to break into my home. I made it clear to him that now I have a security system and a loaded gun in the home (okay, I really don't have a gun, but it couldn't hurt to tell him that, right?

Today, I came home and he has put "Private""Keep Out" and "No Trespassing" signs all over his property. The Keep Out sign is on his front door. Hell, there goes my property value huh?

Plenty of other stories, but those are the highlights. :::wearing my tinfoil hat::: Woot!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73