View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 11:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Bryndian_Dhai
Insane

We moved from a house to a condo three years ago when my hubby's grandmother died.... We sold the house and moved into the condo we'd inherited since he was in school and living in a condo that was paid for was a lot better on our finances than dealing with a house note.

Anyway, the complex is really small... 52 units. Half of the units are owned by one guy, who owns a huge management company that owns a bunch of other complexes. The other half are owned by individuals like us. The apartment above us is owned by the management company, so the tenants come and go.

When we first moved in, the girl above us was really quiet and really nice. We rarely saw her and never heard her, except for the occasional washing machine during the afternoon. Then she bought a house and moved. The girl that moved into the unit after her was this little bitty girl with a baby. The girl couldn't have weighed a hundred pounds soaking wet, but she walked like a 400 pound stevedore in concrete shoes. It was awful. And the baby screamed constantly, at the most insane hours of the night. Some nights she'd scream for hours before the girl would get up and deal with her. And she'd have visitors until four and five in the morning, making all sorts of noises.... not good sex noises, but fighting and stomping across the floor. And the icky boom systems in their cars, up at top volume at all hours of the day and night.

She finally moved out, and a really nice older guy moved in... he worked long, long hours, up really early and gone before we got up. And once he got home, he at dinner and went to bed, usually before 7pm. Broke my heart when he inherited his mother's house and moved. *sighs*

And we had a woman who lived next door to us for a while, with her asshole redneck boyfriend. We'd hear them fighting sometimes. I have two dachshunds, and sometimes Faust barks when he hears cars in the parking lot during the day... he's not bad, and not that loud, only barking with cause. The management company's liason called me that she got a complaint about his barking, but she didn't think much of it since she lived behind us and had never heard him, but she thought I should know. I wondered about it until I was home one afternoon, and Faust barked at the mailman... Well, turns out the redneck boyfriend was also unemployed, and slept all day on the couch in their living room which is next to ours. When Faust barked, he could hear it, and he'd bang on the wall.... Which made the dog bark more, of course. I caught him doing it.... he hit the wall so hard on his side that it nearly knocked the very valuable art I have on that wall off.... It bounced several times and I saw the glass tremble.

I was so livid, I went next door and banged on the door until he opened it. I told him that I was home and had seen/heard him banging on the wall. I told him that he was lucky... if my hubby had been home sleeping after WORKING all night, he'd have been lucky if he didn't get shot through the wall.... But that if I ever caught him again, I'd have him evicted so fast his head would spin.... I also told him that if he ever complained about my dog again, I'd make sure the landlord heard about him harrassing me. He slammed the door in my face after that, so as soon as his girlfriend got home, I told her. She wasn't a bad sort, really, just hooked up with a prick. Wasn't a month later when they moved to another apartment in the complex, a two bedroom because her daughter moved in with them. The lasted there about six months, during which time she kicked him out and then she and her daughter moved away.

My hubby's now the president of the association, and we work very closely with the management company. Deborah over there is pretty nice about who she shows the apartments adjoining ours, and so far we haven't had any complaints about the one above us or the one next to us.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73