View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 10:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
maleficent
Junkie

Moderator Emeritus
Oh where to start....

Let's see... I was living on the second floor of a 3 family house, with another girl and me, the people downstairs had 12 people in a 3 bedroom apartment, and had all sorts of rugrats that used to run around and play outside and full volume at 7am in the morning. (my roommate and I both used to work retail, so we'd work late, then often would go out after work and not get in til the early morning hours) That noise was not appreciated.

One night we had some friends over for dinner, and were sitting in the living room talking, the music was on low, and it was about 9:00pm, the phone rings and it was the landlord, the downstairs neighbors were complaining about the noise, could we turn it down. We held the phone up, and asked the landlord if he could hear anything, he said no, and we hung up. About 30 minutes later the police arrived with an excessive noise complaint. Since we never touched the stereo, the police saw that it wasn't loud, and it was reasonable hours, they didn't have any reason for a ticket, so they left. They came back an hour later for the same complaint, and saw the same thing. An hour later, they were back, and finally ticketed the people downstairs for filing nuiscance complaints.

Same building... the people upstairs, young couple, married with 2 young girls, living in a 1 bedroom apartment, and the quintescential white trash. They would argue constantly, screaming at one another, throwing things, then Elvis would appear on the stereo (I can't help falling in love with you -- I HATE THAT SONG) and the bed springs would start to creak... for about 2o minutes then it would be silent. I think the yelling and screaming was foreplay. One night, about 3am, my roommate and I were awoken from a dead sleep - -to noises -- we both crept out of our respective bedrooms to see what the hell made that noise... She's banging on our back door, so hard that the door frame was shaking... screaming to let her in... We could hear her husband screaming down the stairs after her (now he was about 6 '5 and huge -- no freakin' way was that door getting opened) we calle dthe police and huddled by the door -- planing an escape out the front door if anything should happen. She runs out of the building to her friends across the street, and he went back upstairs where he started screaming at the kids, and you coul dhear one of the kids hit the floor and start yelling (not sure if she was hit, or fell) the police arrived seconds later, kids were taken away by social services (looked healthy when leaving) he was taken out in cuffs, and she came back home -- looking rather bruised and beaten. Police took our statements and we went on our business. Two days later... Elvis was back on the stereo and the bed springs started to creak -- The idiot took him back... My roommate and I moved broke our lease and moved out about 2 weeks later... after they had another screaming hitting match, where the police were called... and then Elvis...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73