View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 10:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Squishor
Frontal Lobe

Thank god he's gone now, but I used to have this neighbor who played unbearably loud rap music all day and all night. I live in an apartment so that's a big deal, plus he played the same songs over and over. It's worth mentioning that I can't stand rap or hip hop. I came to recognise just the bass lines of the five songs he played, since they shook the whole place. I repeatedly told him I have to get up at 6 in the morning, but that didn't stop him from blasting his music until he passed out at 2 am or whatever. I remember one day I was in the bathroom, the farthest point in my apartment from his, taking a bath. I was trying to relax for some reason, but everything kept shaking...I looked at the bathwater and it was vibrating rhythmically...thump...thumpp...thumpity-thump! Then he'd start bouncing a basketball on the floor, which literally shook the whole building. He was a decent guy when he was sober, but if you asked him to turn it down when he was drunk, he'd just crank it even louder.

He was really pretty dumb and I used to joke that his entire conversation skills consisted of six noises. All he could say was things like, "Thass thu shit, man, thass thu shit right there," "Aw HEYULL no!" and my favorite, "YEAHH!!" Try having a conversation with someone who just says that over and over no matter what. Aw HEYULL no!

One night he came home drunk and came over asking for help breaking into his house because he had locked himself out. He was smart enough to realize that he would hurt himself if he tried to climb in through the window I guess. My boyfriend and I went over there and he removed a window pane and climbed in...but not before I stepped in a big pool of piss our neighbor had just left in front of his own front door! We were just in our socks - big mistake I guess.

This guy was in tight with the local crack dealers - one time we came home and parked on the street in front of the house, only to find him playing lookout for some of them while they transacted in front of the steps. Way to help keep the neighborhood safe there, buddy.

Sometimes he'd bring home these skanky ladies and have sex with them in the middle of the day with the windows open so you could hear them - that was just plain nasty!

Sometimes his ex would let him have the kids for a day or two, and them we got to hear them screaming through the walls, "Daddy no! Daddy, stop!" Then hitting sounds. We'd call the cops on him but they never did anything.

He eventually got in a screaming fight with our other neighbor, a skinny older guy in his 60s. He pushed the older man's bicycle over and started screaming death threats at him. Nice. Thankfully, that finally got him evicted.

I sure don't miss that guy.

Last edited by Squishor; 01-23-2005 at 11:02 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73