View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 08:27 PM   #79 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbungle
If you're being serious, then you're not the kind of person who understands what is wrong with Coulter. Or maybe you haven't heard her speak or perhaps you haven't read her columns or her books. If you have, and you still feel this way, well, then, you have fun with that. I support her freedom of speech, as I support Moore's, and Franken's, and every other person on the planet. But if you can't see the fundamental difference between people like Moore and Franken (OTHER than the obvious liberal/conservative difference) and Ann Coulter, then you're not looking very hard.
In all honesty, I hold MM in about the same regard asd I hold Ann Coulter, perhaps a tad bit differently. In that, MM does what he does just for the money. Ann Coulter, I am afraid, actually believes the vile she spews out.

However, anyone comparing either MM or AC to Mr. Al Franken truly has never heard Al or read anything by him and goes only by what Limbaugh and gang say about him. Al Franken, is a very learned, caring man that truly bases everything on facts and admits when Dems. are truly wrong. He's what a political pundit should be, a mellow, not in your face, let's work together kind of man. I have never heard or read anything by him that says his views are the only views that matter or are right.

I'm a Dem. and fairly liberal and I am in no way shy to admit MM is a whack job. I don't understand the Neo-Cons that support Ann C. Just as I don't understand the Libs that buy into MM's games.

Here's an example of how much MM truly cares about his fans:

MM was to give a lecture at U of Akron. He demanded that the Univ. PAY for his hotel, $500 of catered food, transportation and any other expenses. Of course the money was raised. He took a hotel room in CLE., did not touch the food, and the expenses and transportation costs were pretty much not needed as he had already been scheduled for a private fundraiser in CLE. that night. Overall, the Univ. spent over $10,000 to have him there and rumors were that he was extremely rude, refused to meet with anyone and overall was a complete asswipe to people. This was reported by the school newspaper and I have heard first hand accounts by people that were there.

True it wasn't the Univ. that paid (it was a combo of the college Dems, and a drama teacher, along with a frat). Needless to say, the vast majority of those who had invited him regretted it. Not because of what he said, but because of his personal attitude and demeanor towards those who sponsered his visit.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73