View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 03:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dostoevsky
Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossova
You say that Kevin Garnett is really a cool person, what is your take on the incident where he punched Wally? And on another occassion he had punched a potential teammate during a practice
The same mindset that allows top flight athletes to dominate games can also cause them to do things they may or may not regret. Remember the time that Michael Jordan punched Steve Kerr in the face during a pick up game? Skinny ass little Steve Kerr?

Guys get pissed off and fight during practice all the time. It's one of the reasons NBA practices are closed. Practices are competitive, intense and often times pretty heated. Add in 12 aggressive alpha-males and expect a fight to occur from time to time. I've been involved with shit like this myself in the past and continued to be friends with the other guys. Shit that happens on the court has to be left there, that's just how it is.

If you doubt that Kevin Garnett is one of the highest quality guys in the NBA do a google search for all the community involvement he participates in. The man is just unbelievable. The guy just has a million dollar personality, I wish you could meet him.

In closing, Wally isn't exactly a gem as a teammate. Guys on the T-Wolves can't stand him for the most part. Selfish, arrogant, whiney, I've heard lots of things about him. I'm surprised a guy like KG doesn't smack the shit out of him more often, maybe he has and we just don't know it. I really don't know what happened with the Rick Rickert thing, shit happens when dudes get mad.

It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener.

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62