Thread: BCS
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 02:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
quicksteal
Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cementor
Stevo22,
I think you are full of it. Auburn showed some of the same weaknesses saturday, the others have shown during the season. The SEC has some good teams, but please don't tell me "the SEC is superior". I ain't buying. Georgia (is the 2nd best? compared w/ Tennessee with a 3rd string QB) vs Texas or California would probably be a mismatch (by the way I'm a Georgia fan) I do believe OU and Auburn would be the best matchup, but the pollsters have decided if you are #1 and don't get beat you aren't going to be moved! USC got a free pass.

I just wish they would set up some interesting games. For instance Auburn vs Utah. Lets' see if Utah can play with the big boys and the allure of 2 unbeaten teams. Or Texas vs Auburn, you want to stir up controversy that could do it. Va Tech , though I like them, isn't a compelling match up. I figure AU by 14.

Someone explain why Utah gets a game with Pitt? Compelling, no way, snore corps! They deserve a shot at a real BCS team! Let Pitt and VA tech or Michigan play. Texas also got a raw deal in terms of opponent. But the trip is one the UTers won't forget. The Rose is an awesome place to visit.

BSC GO AWAY!! A playoff will solve all of this even if it is only a 4 team deal!
I agree completely...they really could have made better bowl games. There's no reason for Auburn to play Va. Tech. They gain absolutely nothing from that win, and Va. Tech doesn't get much from a win either. Auburn vs. Utah is a very compelling game.

It seems like the bowl selection committees are afraid to match the best of the small conferences vs. the best of the big conferences because the small schools might win. Boise St. vs. Louisville is a huge cop-out--let one play Cal, for goodness sakes! In a perfect world, I would have loved a bowl season with these games:

USC vs. OU (I give up on Auburn)
Auburn vs. Utah
Boise St. vs. Texas
Louisville vs. Cal
Michigan vs. Va. Tech
Pittsburgh vs. Florida (in a $10-prize bowl game because neither team is good)

The first 4 games have my personal top 8, and although the small schools would be underdogs, they would all be interesting games.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62