View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 11:42 PM   #71 (permalink)
Wingless
Psycho

I'm in Metro Detroit, so this melee is a treat for the media here at the end of sweeps period.

Anywho, watching the 11pm news earlier tonight, the latest poop is a 30 game suspension for Artest, 20 game suspensions for the other two Pacers guys, and a 5 game suspension for Wallace.

BTW, the Pacers game today, combined with suspensions and injuries, left 6 healthy players to go.

Sadly enough, trash-talking and disrespectfulness is all a part of the game. I will admit, however, that going as far as throwing something at the player is too much - still, Artest HAD NO RIGHT to jump into the stands and GO AFTER THE WRONG GUY. Plus, if you watch the video carefully, Artest is a dumbass and goes after the guy WITH A DRINK IN HIS HAND! (I LIKE CAPS!)

Here's how things went, in my opinion:

-Artest fouls Wallace
-Wallace shoves Artest
-Short hell breaks out, but order is more-or-less restored...
-Artest lies down on judges table and lies down on the table like he owns the place
-This prevokes ONE Pistons fan to throw a beer at Artest (According to Local 4 Detroit here, the guy actually came down from an above section to throw the beer... however he didn't get hit. If he did get hit, he would've deserved whatever he got)
-Artest becomes infuriated, runs up the stands to the general area where the beer was thrown from, trys to find the guy who threw it.
-Jackson runs after Artest, first appearing to stop him, but instead attacks at random
-Two fat guys in Pistons jerseys, seeing that all hell is breaking loose, run down into the court (is there proof that these guys came down from the stands?)
-Prevoked by Artest's horrible reaction to everything in the stands, Pistons fans become angry and begin throwing more shit into the general Pacers area (yes, including a chair)
-Artest and Jackson punch the two fat guys (one of which left the Palace in an ambulence)
-Artest is taken down the tunnel and into the locker room... however something happened in the tunnel that wasn't on a camera (?)

...and less than 24 hours later, "ArrestArtest.com" appears, and "Detroit Fans Suck" hats appear at the Pacers arena

Who's to blame? At the bottom of the list, Wallace and Palace Security. At the top of the list, 1) Artest, and 2) Detroit fans. Although if you ask me (and I've only watched the videos tonight, didn't watch the game, and I'm not into sports much), the original only fan to blame was the first guy that threw the beer. (Local 4 Detroit 11pm's news started today with a "Who is this fan?", pointing out who really did throw the beer initially.)

I'm done ranting... I'm sure someone will prove this all wrong, but this is the highlight of my weekend.

Edit: BTW, I'm happy everyone is a professional on Detroit. I know I'm not a professional, but we're not all the riot-enducing, building-burning people that everyone has made us out to be. (side rant, not necessarily people here on TFP)
You are, smaller getting smaller, but I still see... you.

Jimmy Eat World - Goodbye Sky Harbor

Last edited by Wingless; 11-20-2004 at 11:57 PM..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73