View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 11:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
host
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ustwo
Yes, I think we are at the heart of the matter now.
<a href="http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/welch-mccarthy.html">You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?</a>
Quote:
Test your knowledge of history and the present. See if you can tell Ashcroft from McCarthy in our "who said it" test. To make it more difficult we've replaced words like "communist" and "terrorist" with "___".

<form action="/feature/whosaidit.jsp" method="post">
To those ... who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty, my message is this: your tactics only aid ___, for they erode our national unity and diminish our resolve. They give ammunition to America's enemies and pause to America's friends
<input type="RADIO" name="answer1" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer1" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

The reason why we find ourselves in a position of impotency is not because our only powerful, potential enemy has sent men to invade our shores, but rather because of the traitorous actions of those who have been treated so well by this nation.

<input type="RADIO" name="answer13" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer13" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

While I cannot take the time to name all of the men ... who have been named as members of ___ and members of a spy ring, I have here in my hand a list of 205 that were known to the secretary of state as being members of ___

<input type="RADIO" name="answer12" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer12" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

I am not interested in providing, when we are at war, a list ... of the people we have detained

<input type="RADIO" name="answer6" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer6" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

there have been a few voices who have criticized. Some have sought to condemn us with faulty facts or without facts at all. Others have simply rushed to judgment, almost eagerly assuming the worst of their government before they've had a chance to understand it at its best.

<input type="RADIO" name="answer5" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer5" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

Today we are engaged in a final, all-out battle between ___ and ___. The modern champions of ___ have selected this as the time.

<input type="RADIO" name="answer8" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer8" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

I have in my hand 57 cases of individuals who would appear to be either card-carrying members or certainly loyal to the ___
<br>
<input type="RADIO" name="answer10" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer10" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

As one of our outstanding historical figures once said, "When a great democracy is destroyed, it will not be because of enemies from without but rather because of enemies from within."

<input type="RADIO" name="answer14" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer14" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

Ladies and gentlemen, can there be anyone here tonight who is so blind as to say that the war is not on?

<input type="RADIO" name="answer9" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer9" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

The Senator from Illinois demanded, loudly, that I furnish all the names. I told him at that time that so far as I was concerned, I thought that would be improper
<br>
<input type="RADIO" name="answer11" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer11" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

It's consistent with our effort ... for freedom-loving nations around the world to root out ___ and those who support ___

<input type="RADIO" name="answer7" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer7" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

I would say very clearly that history has not looked kindly upon those that have forsaken their countries to go and fight against their countries
<br>
<input type="RADIO" name="answer3" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer3" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

___ are taught how to use America's freedoms as a weapon against us
<br>
<input type="RADIO" name="answer2" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer2" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

My message to America this morning, then, is this: If you fit this definition of a ___, fear the United States because you will lose your liberties

<input type="RADIO" name="answer4" value="McCarthy">McCarthy
<input type="RADIO" name="answer4" value="Ashcroft">Ashcroft

<input type="submit" value="Score!" name="TACTION">
<a href="http://web.morons.org/feature/whosaidit.jsp">http://web.morons.org/feature/whosaidit.jsp</a>

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73