View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 05:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
daswig
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan6467
But there are many more citizens out there and police departments that believe NO MAN SHOULD HAVE A WEAPON MORE POWERFUL THAN THE POLICE.
That's why both the FOP and the NRA endorsed Bush. Have you read the Second Amendment? If says nothing about maintaining weapons parity. As a former cop, I never had a problem with people owning the same exact guns that I was issued. And the Second Amendment is about the people having access to the basic arms that an infantryman carries. During the Revolutionary War, that was a flintlock. During the Civil War, that was a percussion rifle. During WWII, that was an M-1 Garand. And now, that's an M-16A2 or an M-4 or M-249.

Quote:
I think that would be 1 great issue for the dems to hammer home and get those people that don't those weapons out there but do want their nice Glock 9MM or Saturday night special for home protection.

The NRA can scare all they want but when you allow citizens to have AK 47's and sub machine guns and hollow point bullets and weapons that are truly made for one reason and that is to kill people. Not protection, not hunting but for killing and maiming multiple people fast. They just are not necessary and anyone who believes they are so important that they can't live without a bazooka or whatever and will only suppoert those who believe that those weapons are ok is stupid and voting for people who when given the chance will sell you down the river when they need votes and that group won't give them enough but the opposition will all that politician has to do is favor more stricter gun control.
Heh. Some people will NEVER learn. That's what the Democrats have tried over and over again, and they keep getting their asses handed to them. Why do you keep wanting them to push a losing platform?

Quote:
Trust me, I have a feeling the NRA will change their tune real fast if the public starts looking at them as people favoring people with more powerful weapons than the police. Right now the NRA gets away with all they can because they scare that guy who has a little derringer or S&W shotgun that the Dems will take it away from him soon. They lose power with that fear they will change their tunes real fast so will the GOP. They'll have to because the Dems will destroy them on that issue.
Demonize the NRA all you want. That just makes them stronger. If the Democratic Party continues to push the position you're pushing here, they will remain the minority party nationally forever.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73