View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 04:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by daswig
pan, gun control of ANY form is unacceptable in the South and Midwest.

You want to get pro-gun people to work for the Democrats? Fine. Have the Democrats lead the charge to get rid of the stupid gun control laws on the books. Otherwise, you're just pissing in the wind. We don't fall for the "I support the Second Amendment for hunters, but want to ban the militarily effective weapons" ploy, as Kerry has proven yet again.
I disagree, maybe for the NRA hardcore any weapons ban may be a point of contention to them solely because they are mainly one issue voters, making sure the GOP wins by using fear and have been drilled into their heads any gun control is evil. But there are many more citizens out there and police departments that believe NO MAN SHOULD HAVE A WEAPON MORE POWERFUL THAN THE POLICE.

I think that would be 1 great issue for the dems to hammer home and get those people that don't those weapons out there but do want their nice Glock 9MM or Saturday night special for home protection.

The NRA can scare all they want but when you allow citizens to have AK 47's and sub machine guns and hollow point bullets and weapons that are truly made for one reason and that is to kill people. Not protection, not hunting but for killing and maiming multiple people fast. They just are not necessary and anyone who believes they are so important that they can't live without a bazooka or whatever and will only suppoert those who believe that those weapons are ok is stupid and voting for people who when given the chance will sell you down the river when they need votes and that group won't give them enough but the opposition will all that politician has to do is favor more stricter gun control.

Trust me, I have a feeling the NRA will change their tune real fast if the public starts looking at them as people favoring people with more powerful weapons than the police. Right now the NRA gets away with all they can because they scare that guy who has a little derringer or S&W shotgun that the Dems will take it away from him soon. They lose power with that fear they will change their tunes real fast so will the GOP. They'll have to because the Dems will destroy them on that issue.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73