View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 03:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
CityOfAngels
Oh shit it's Wayne Brady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phage
If she is going to fool around on you, trying to keep her from going on this trip will not keep her from being unfaithful.
There is nothing truer.
When I was with my ex, I let her go off and hang out with whoever she wanted. I couldn't take her to prom so I let her go with someone else; she slept with him that night (of course I didn't find out until WAY later). I didn't say anything when she hung out with this guy she met at school whom I didn't even meet. Come to find out later that he's buying her clothes, sending her flowers, and she was telling him that she didn't have a boyfriend. She went to visit this guy she met online through her best friend to go to his prom as a favor to him. I strongly objected, due to the anonymous nature, but let her decided for herself. He almost raped her that night and she came home to me at 2 AM.

Why am I telling you all this? Because if you're smart enough, YOU WILL KNOW if something is up. Out of those three things I just told you about, the only one I was clueless about is her prom night, which had it's circumstances (he was an old friend of mine, I wrote him a letter telling him that if he tries anything on her he won't live to brag about it, and made the mistake of having her deliver the letter, which she didn't). The other ones, including the countless times I found out that she was out with other guys, I had my sneaky suspicions about from day one.

Even if you don't have a "cheating Spidey-sense" so to speak, you will find out sooner or later, and you might as well let her know that you'll go the extra mile to show how much you're willing to trust her. Sure, if you find out years from now that she cheated on you with him, you will be DEVASTATED, but that's a risk you take for love. If in reality he is just a friend to her, then your trusting her would show her so much about you; about how dedicated you are to making your relationship work for the both of you rather than just you.

Truthfully, if it was me, I would get super-insecure and beg her not to go. Is that the right thing to do? Hell no. Give her a picture of both you and your child with "We miss you!" written on the back and tell her to look at it every day that she is away to remind her of how bad you want her back home as soon as possible.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73