View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 04:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
The Phenomenon
Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by seretogis
As much as you may detest the "flip flop bullshit" it is one of Kerry's weaknesses and will be mentioned time and time again because it is a serious issue. It is easy to tell where Bush stands on issues -- he makes a decision and sticks to it. He has yet to flip-flop on Iraq or Afghanistan. He has yet to flip-flop on gay marriage (as inappropriate as the issue is for Federal government to be involved in) or gun control. Undecided voters should be very wary of voting for Kerry because he seemingly stands for nothing -- he clearly has no moral or value system which he uses to make policy decisions since he changes his mind so often. For someone that values freedom above all else (neither candidate in this case), it is easy to stick to your guns on social issues. For someone who doesn't know what to think or what the people want, such decisions would be more difficult.
Here is something for you then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakran
He said bin Laden was responsible for 9/11 and that's why we'll stop at nothing to get him.

Now bin Laden's totally forgotten (by him anyway) and somehow Saddam is connected with 9/11 and it's far more important to invade Iraq than it is to catch the terrorist.

He said in his campaign that he was an isolationist president.

Now - - well. . isolationists don't attack countries that aren't attacking us first.

He said that anyone who harbors, trains, funds, etc. terrorists are on our hit list.

Now he fails entirely to put Saudi Arabia on our hit list.

in 2001 he promised not to touch the social security surplus.

In 2002 he submitted a budget with plans to spend the social security surplus to fund other programs through the year 2013, to the tune of around 1.4 trillion dollars or so.

In May of this year, he announced that he was in favor of leaving tobacco subsidies the way they are.

In June of this year, he announced that he was open to a buyout of tobacco subsidies.

In 2002 he said he would not offer North Korea any incentives to disarm.

In 2004 he offered them money and political favors if they disarmed.

in June of 2000 he said he supports women's rights to choose whether to have an abortion or not.

In October of 2000, he announced that he is pro life.

In 2000 he said "the president must jawbone OPEC members to lower the price" of oil. He said the president "ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say we expect you to open your spigots."

In 2004 he refused to personally lobby OPEC to reduce oil prices or to increase oil supply.

In May of 2003 he said in a polish interview "..."We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories...for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them."

In February of 2004 he said we hadn't found them, and didn't know where they were.

In September of 2001 he said he wanted bin Laden, "dead or alive."

In March of 2002 he said in a press conference "I don't know where he is.You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... I truly am not that concerned about him."

In February of 2000 he said that the issue of gay marriage is an issue to be decided by the states.

In February of 2004 he called for a constitutional ammendment making it federally illegal for gays to get married.

In March of 2000 he said "George W. Bush opposes McCain-Feingold...as an infringement on free expression."

In March of 2002 he signed McCain-Feingold into law, saying "This bill improves the current system of financing for Federal campaigns, and therefore I have signed it into law."

In 2002 he set a timeline for Saddam, saying that he had a month to comply with all of Bush's demands or he'd get attacked.

In 2004 he said "I don't think you give timelines to dictators."

In April of 2004 he said "can you ever win the war on terror? Of course you can."

On August 30, 2004 he said "I don't think you can win it (the war on terror)"

On August 31, 2004 he said "make no mistake about it we are winning and we will win (the war on terror.)"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73