View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 10:44 PM   #84 (permalink)
smooth
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dostoevsky
I have libertarian views but will vote for Bush because I don't trust Kerry at all. He has a dishonest way about him. How can a billionaire claim to champion the middle class? How can he possibly now what it's like to live like an average person. He doesn't, and I don't think he cares. He will say anything to get into office as can be proven by his flip flopping record. If the Dems had a better candidate I would consider voting for them because I'm not thrilled with Bush but I'm not voting for Kerry
I'll need you to correct if I'm wrong, because Kerry isn't my candidate, but did he grow up monied or did he marry into it? I thought he was one of the candidates that grew up middle class. I agree with your reluctance to believe that a billionaire can champion the middle class. But why does that translate into support for Bush? He has done everything you listed as negatives and reasons for your not voting for kerry. I don't understand why you support him over one of the other 3d parties?

Please explain that to me, because it has me very confused why you would castigate one candidate for being a billionaire, yet support the other billionaire, one for not possibly understanding the average joe, yet support an equally unlikely person, and claim that he doesn't stand firm on anything, but Bush has waffled on some things he spoke about during his first campaign.

Most important, you claim that you aren't satisfied with Bush. But your vote ratifies his presidency. How is he supposed to know that you aren't satisfied with him. Your vote is the same anonymous vote as the person who is totally thrilled by his actions. Even if he wanted to change his position if he felt that the US public didn't want it, he wouldn't know to change it because people claiming to not agree with him are still voting for him. There isn't any support more clear cut than a vote.

"You measure democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists." -- Abbie Hoffman

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54