Thread: NHL Trades
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 09:27 PM   #35 (permalink)
ForgottenKnight
Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadraton
You know, Lindros should take whatever contract he can get, because there aren't too many Playoff contenders that are going to want to pay lots of money for a player that's just going to get his head mashed in the next time his skates hit the ice.

I don't see him going to Toronto, because they already have a lot of what he can provide. I don't see him going to Ottawa or Tampa Bay because both teams already have way too much talent, and Detroit doesn't need anymore injured players on its payroll.

His best bet might be to get a contract with Colorado. They don't seem to mind spending money on players who end up sidelined for most of the season.
Give my Aves some credit here. Yeah we had a bad coach who benched the wrong guys, and mixed up the lines too much, including not playing some players together when they're the best together, but we've fixed the coaching problem. I don't see the Aves picking up Lindros. We're focusing on getting in some fresh blood with young talent to be led by the great players we already have. Lindros should take whatever he can get and then try to make a comeback.

It looks like Phoenix and Pittsburg are two teams to watch this year to see how their trades turned out. I think that part of the reason for these great players going to these teams may be because they see a need to help balance out the NHL. These players know that these teams are loosing a lot of money, and that's a large part of the reason we're in this huge mess of possibly not having an NHL season this upcomming year. By taking some paycuts and transfering to some of these teams, they are helping to ensure a more balanced NHL. The teams that can't afford to pay as much for players will now still be able to have a good hockey team. And these stars will be able to help boost these team's revenues.

And on the topic of players considering going back to their home contries to play, Peter Forsberg has been debating on playing another year or retiring from the NHL in order to go play in Sweeden since before the NHL was in this whole. That's why he keeps signing only one year contracts with the Aves.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73