View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
pan6467
Lennonite Priest

Quote:
Originally posted by roachboy
what is this conservative obsession with michael moore about anyway?
and why dont they see that it is entirely self-defeating?
they are the best advertising a director could have.
they keep his name in the press and are still finding ways to do it.
their shrieking has no doubt contributed to the film's financial success.
the trivia-filled smear campaigns that follow one on the other keep revealing the nature of conservative pseudo-information sources and circuits.
if the right had wanted to do something to moore, they would have done better to ignore him.
but maybe it is better for the rest of us that they maintain their current procedure of self-delegitimation.

It's the same obsession and advertising the left gives Limbaugh.

They are one in the same. They both take slivers of fact and use those slivers to get away with "creative ambiguity". So when you do check the facts they can say "well, it was implied in there."

Limbaugh and Moore are both guilty, and they both have people that love them, but make their fortunes off the ones that hate them and advertise what they have to sell. Then there are the ones that see these 2 as they are, entertainers who have agendas. The more attention the left gives Limbaugh or the right gives Moore the more their product sells.

IMHO, they are just entertainers, I take what they say with a grain of salt and believe very little out of either (Limbaugh can be very funny and has his good points as does Moore).

The problem I have with their agendas is that they both contribute to hate politics and divide the country further and hatred and divisiveness are the last things this country needs. Eventually and I see a tide coming, where hate politics will start dying then neither Limbaugh nor Moore will have jobs.
I just love people who use the excuse "I use/do this because I LOVE the feeling/joy/happiness it brings me" and expect you to be ok with that as you watch them destroy their life blindly following. My response is, "I like to put forks in an eletrical socket, just LOVE that feeling, can't ever get enough of it, so will you let me put this copper fork in that electric socket?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62